Signed Indy Posters.

rdeanstarr

Signed Indy Posters

I was able to get an original RAIDERS one-sheet from Coolwaters, and it has since been signed by Karen Allen. With hope, it will be signed by Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy here in L.A. within the week, then to Phillip Kaufman in SanFran and then back here to L.A. for my final "really want", which is Lawrence Kasdan, although he's a tough dude to find. Then, to Poster Mountain for linen-backing and touch-up, into a top-notch museum-grade frame, and then over my fireplace :whip:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Giving up so early? I know one guy in Chicago who's trying to get his original poster signed by everybody who worked with Raiders.

rdeanstarr

Poster

Who said anything about giving up? I just like the Amsel artwork and don't want the poster completely covered by signatures. Frankly, I may even cut it off at Karen Allen. I have two of these, only one isn't signed by Ford. Maybe I'll cover THAT one with signatures, but not this one. This is kind of my baby and a centerpiece of my massive Indy collection.

zoid2323

RAIDERS one-sheet from Coolwaters

I'm with you,I got one of the reprint whip poster from Coolwaters.I was thinking of trying to get others to sign it but I think Harry is enough on that poster,it would probably lose value with other sigs on it.Even though I would never sell my new holy grail!!!Wow I still can't believe a 100% REAL Harrison Ford Signature poster:DTo me its worth the $$....(y)

rdeanstarr

Poster

Yeah, even if I sold my Indy collection (unlikely, if only because of the administrative headache), I'd still keep the RAIDERS signed by Harrison and Karen. I hope Harrison does another custom signing; word is, it could happen. On a non-poster related subject, I was going to get some of my MOMC unpunched Kenner figures autographed, but found out it actually LOWERS the value of the figure, at least according to AFA. I wouldn't have guessed that, but their reasoning makes sense, I suppose, from a business perspective. From an emotional perspective, that kind of sucks, though.

rdeanstarr

Signed Poster

It is signed on the right side, and is an original, folded poster that came from a very well known and respected poster dealer here in L.A. I just lucked out, thanks to Derek Maki, one of the nicest, most talented guys I've met in Hollywood to date. And believe me, you can't say that about enough Hollywood people! Unfortunately.:gun:

FILMKRUSC

rdeanstarr said:
It is signed on the right side, and is an original, folded poster that came from a very well known and respected poster dealer here in L.A. I just lucked out, thanks to Derek Maki, one of the nicest, most talented guys I've met in Hollywood to date. And believe me, you can't say that about enough Hollywood people! Unfortunately.:gun:

Cool. That's the $799 style A Raiders? He also had reprints but only three original posters were signed; I'm asking as I picked up one of the three originals from Derek. Then it looks like Ford signed two of them on the right side and signed one on the left (mine). :hat:

Last edited:

FILMKRUSC

zoid2323 said:
On mine,if your looking @ the poster he signed on the lower left.:gun:

Hi Zoid - I think your poster is probably rolled which means it is a reprint poster (it's 26x39) and those were signed on the left. Five of the reprint posters signed were available at $439.99 each.

I was curious as to how Ford signed the third Original Raiders poster. As I know the other poster is featured on right side of the coa and it is signed on the right. Derek verified that my poster is the one that Ford took a pic with for the coa and it is signed on the left.

This is the one I'm talking about (original folded 27x41 -only three were signed for Coolwaters and they were $799).
Ford1raidernet.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is the one I was hoping Coolwaters would also have among the other posters. This one I have is signed by Frank Marshall and Sid Ganis. Now if only Coolwaters would have a mail in on items to have Ford sign (I can dream can't I)

Templeposter.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

rdeanstarr

Poster

Mine is the folded one-sheet Style A, and is the 4th one he signed, as a last-minuted "add on" to his second signing. It's signed on the right.

rdeanstarr

Frank Marshall

Where did you get Marshall to sign? And I don't recognize the other name on the poster. I probably should, but it escapes me at the moment.

FILMKRUSC

rdeanstarr said:
Where did you get Marshall to sign? And I don't recognize the other name on the poster. I probably should, but it escapes me at the moment.

Marshall was signed in Chicago when he came to promote Temple of Doom.
The other name is Sid Ganis - He began his career in marketing and publicity before joining Lucasfilm where he was senior Vice President at the time Temple of Doom was made.

He went on to become VP at Columbia Pictures and President at Paramount Pictures. This past August he was re-elected president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Last edited:

FILMKRUSC

rdeanstarr said:
Mine is the folded one-sheet Style A, and is the 4th one he signed, as a last-minuted "add on" to his second signing. It's signed on the right.

It is interesting to know how he signed. Some on the right and some on the left. (y) Some of the other SW posters were signed that way as well I believe

By the way on Ganis I forgot to mention - He was involved in the marketing/promotion of Temple of Doom and he was also executive producer on the tv specials - Making Temple of Doom, Making Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Great movie Stunts Raiders of the Lost Ark. Plus he played a missionary (uncredited) in Temple of Doom.

Last edited:

zoid2323

My poster

Yep,I've got the Raiders "whip" re-print version.I missed out on the folded originals,you've got quite the little treasure in that poster:D .I was so glad just to get one I didnt really care if it was a reprint or not.I was going to get the ESB one but I already had the same poster with other sigs on it & 2 of the same posters would be overkill.So I was pretty happy to get a Raiders poster from the 2nd signing.Like someone said Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and he'll "whip" your ASS(y)

rdeanstarr

Posters

It is an interesting situation as to why he chose to sign one way on some and another on the rest. At first, my theory was that he signed the reprints on the left and the Style A's on the right, but that theory was shot to hell when I saw the photo of your poster, which came from the same source as mine here in L.A.

I'm supposed to be having lunch with Derek soon; I was in a car crash today which totaled my car, so it may be a week before I can get together with him. But when I do, I'll ask him about the side to side signing methodology and if Harrison said anything while he was doing it or if there was an unspoken yet obvious reason for it.:confused:

FILMKRUSC

rdeanstarr said:
It is an interesting situation as to why he chose to sign one way on some and another on the rest. At first, my theory was that he signed the reprints on the left and the Style A's on the right, but that theory was shot to hell when I saw the photo of your poster, which came from the same source as mine here in L.A.

I'm supposed to be having lunch with Derek soon; I was in a car crash today which totaled my car, so it may be a week before I can get together with him. But when I do, I'll ask him about the side to side signing methodology and if Harrison said anything while he was doing it or if there was an unspoken yet obvious reason for it.:confused:

Sorry to hear about the car crash.

Please do - it would be interesting to know. Probably just random.

FILMKRUSC

zoid2323 said:
Yep,I've got the Raiders "whip" re-print version.I missed out on the folded originals,you've got quite the little treasure in that poster:D .I was so glad just to get one I didnt really care if it was a reprint or not.I was going to get the ESB one but I already had the same poster with other sigs on it & 2 of the same posters would be overkill.So I was pretty happy to get a Raiders poster from the 2nd signing.Like someone said Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and he'll "whip" your ASS(y)

Reprint or not it's still Harrison Ford! :hat: