The Definitive Indiana Jones Survey Project

HovitosKing

Part of the fun of the Raven is finding out what other Indy fans think about all things Indy. As a person who conducts a lot of survey research, I think that the polls we see on here from time to time are a pretty cool way of tapping into the thoughts and mood of the fanbase.

SO, I'm proposing a huge undertaking and am here to ask for your help. I want to create what I'm calling the "Definitive Indiana Jones Survey" chock full of survey questions that you would like to see the board's answers to. I'm going to be creating a web-based survey in a couple of weeks and will post the link here so that everyone can contribute their humble opinions on all things Indiana Jones. After a brief response window, I'll shut it down and post the results back on here.

NOW, what I'd really like is for everyone on here to post survey/poll questions that you'd like to see on the definitive IJ survey. Questions based on the trilogy, Indy IV, the young indy series, the games, fan art, anything at all that has been or could be discussed at the Raven (I'm going to group the questions into categories based on topic). I only ask that they directly relate to Indy in some way. You can post your questions here, or send them to me directly via Private Message. I'll compile your questions into a single web-based survey and post the link to the active survey in a couple of weeks.

Submit your Q's by January 31st at 12:00 A.M. EST to have them included in the definitive survey. Send as many as you like, but it'll be so much more interesting if lots of people send along lots of questions. Thanks, this should be fun!

Last edited:

HovitosKing

The categories (some borrowed from this board) I've designated for the survey so far are:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones IV
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
Indiana Jones Collectibles
Indiana Jones Video Games
Indiana Jones in Print
Indiana Jones Gear
Indiana Jones Fanwork
Indiana Jones Music
Indiana Jones Societies
Indiana Jones Fan Sites
The Raven Message Board

You can submit questions relating to any of these categories, or categories of your own. Just remember to specify the category you want the question included under when you submit your question(s) or else I'll just categorize it for you.

Doc Savage

Who/what was Indy's most likable villain?
...most despicable villain?
...lovliest leading lady?
...coolest sidekick?
...most perilous quest?

What endeared you to Indiana Jones?

What is your favorite Indy novel?
...Indy movie?

Standard fare, I know...I'm just waiting for better ideas in regard to questions.

HovitosKing

These are great, keep em coming. If you've got multiple choice answers you'd like to recommend for each question, those are great too!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Has your view of the occult been changed as a result of Raiders?

Not a serious question, but this thread has merit, and maybe my random style will generate brain storming.

HovitosKing

Doesn't matter how many times a question or topic has been brought up on this board in the past, new folks are always joining up and people change their minds as well. All questions are welcome, regardless of whether they've been discussed again and again on here or are totally novel. Film-specific questions, as well as TV, Fanstuff, and Online presence are still in dire need of survey questions!

HovitosKing

Maybe The Raven isn't ready for a definitive Indy poll, or maybe the Fanwork/Activities section just isn't as widely read by members, but so far the response has been minimal. Sorry guys, but I just can't justify spending any time on this if the interest isn't there. Thanks for the responses and questions I've gotten so far, they're really great. I'll keep an eye on the thread, but if I don't get much more to work with it just won't be happening. :(

HovitosKing

Sorry folks, this project is dead in the water due to lack of general interest. It just takes too long to create and analyze a survey for a handful of questions. Thanks to those who offered some suggestions though.