Last Crusade scene

IndySeven

There's one scene in LC that I don't get. When Henry Jones enters the tank and meets Marcus Brody, the two of them exchange hand motions and say some inaudible things that I can't hear well. Can anyone tell me what they're saying?

Stoo

"The genius of the restoration aid our own resuscitation". No doubt it is a school club chant/toast and "handshake"
from their days at Oxford University. One, nice tip-of-the-hat in the TV series was that Henry Sr. greets an old,
Oxford colleague in the exact same way! (British East Africa - Sep. 1909)

Last edited:

Bullwhip

Screenplay:

They exchange an old University Club toast, swinging their arms at one another
and missing. Then HENRY flaps his arms and tugs his ears.

HENRY
"Genius of the Restoration-"

Now BRODY tugs his ears, flaps his arms and touches his head.

BRODY
"-aid our own resuscitation!"

They exchange a handshake.

Stoo said:
One, nice tip-of-the-hat in the TV series was that Henry Sr. greets an old,
Oxford colleague in the exact same way! (British East Africa - Sep. 1909)

Yup, that was great. Owen does a great Henry Jones, Sr.

Eric Solo

Thanks for clearing that up. Here's another thing that I don't get. In Raiders when Indy is about to eat the poisoned dates... Sallah is singing something: "I am the monarch of the sea! I am the ruler of the qu....." Is that a real song? Anyone know all the words to it?

Finn

Staff member
Eric Solo said:
Thanks for clearing that up. Here's another thing that I don't get. In Raiders when Indy is about to eat the poisoned dates... Sallah is singing something: "I am the monarch of the sea! I am the ruler of the qu....." Is that a real song? Anyone know all the words to it?
Yes, that was in fact written for a late 19th century comic opera HMS Pinafore.

Lyrics: http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?hid=7zsOSRFazBg=

The thing Sallah sings after getting kissed by Marion at the Bantu Wind is also from the opera mentioned above.

Lyrics: http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?hid=JvOjTg8g71I=