Did Young Indy us a whip?

Blue Jay

I saw young indy when they first aired in germany and loved them, but ever since i have not seen any rerun, so i am glad, that they are releasing it on DVD (y)

I always wondered, did young indy have his whip, or did he use it occasionally?

From the pictures I have seen, he was not wearing his whip on the belt or using it in any sequence.

:whip:

IndyJr.

Young Indy learned how to use the whip in his adventure with the Cross of Coronoda in Utah when he was 13.

In the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles he used it twice I beleive...

He used it in Spring Break Adventure (The Curse of the Jackal) when fighting Dmitrius. Let's see.... I KNOW he used it at least one more time. *thinks*

He uses a lasso in Trenches of Hell (not really a whip, though. :p )

He uses it in Daredevils of the Desert OR Tales of Innocence... can't remember which... I may not be right on this.

He uses it in Treasure of the Peacock's Eye possibly... not sure... probobly not.

He uses it in Mystery of the Blues (as Harrison :p )

He uses it in Hollywood Follies. The character he plays in the movie uses one, I think...

>_< He uses it at least 2 times, maybe 3 (not including Harrison's use)... but I KNOW at least 2...

He decided to use the whip on one of his adventures in Alaska. He has to get medical stuff to an eskimo village and uses a whip while using a dog sleed and that's when he decides to use it on all his adventures.

Maybe Lucas won't forget to have Harrison use a whip in Indy IV (y)

:p

Matinee Idyll

IndyJr. said:
He decided to use the whip on one of his adventures in Alaska. He has to get medical stuff to an eskimo village and uses a whip while using a dog sleed and that's when he decides to use it on all his adventures.

Would've been cool if they'd made this episode. :(

Blue Jay

I thought that was an actual episode?

From where do we know about that part of history?

As far as Indy 4 and the whip is concerned, i remember seeing an interview with shia and he was telling that for test footage indy was using his whip to pull a weapon out of someones hand :whip:

IndyJr.

From where do we know this part of history? Have you read the timeline on Raiders.net? It clearly tells that part of his life, along with hundreds of other stuff. (y)

Blue Jay

i was looking at the timeline on raiders.net but i could not find any of the infos you mentioned. can you post the link or something?

I searched every thing on the timeline, i never found alska.
What year was that?

Raiders90

Is it just me or is the whole fight with Demetrios awesome...I mean we see how Indy learns to street fight (the hard way), first raising his fists like a formal boxer only to get dirty hit and kicked in a very painful place, and then after that Indy gets in that rare, vicious rage like in TOD (during the battle with the Thuggee guard), throwing down the box case and punching Demetrio's almost to the ground--You can tell even at 16 Indy was very strong and a great fighter.

The look of evil glee in his eyes, almost like that of the older Indy, as he grabs the whip and whips the knife out of Demetrio's hand and then whips him in the face, is also an intense, awesome moment. You can see the little hint of the anti hero later to develop. I also like the touch of how he tried to save Demetrios at the end of the fight--similar to how he tries to save the Thuggee guard from being crushed in TOD even though they had just fought and the Thuggee would probably never do the same for him.

He even perfects the elder Indy's clumsiness here--For example when he jumps out of Demetrio's house as it's engulfed in flames and the clumsy way he falls and nervously jumps back when Demetrio's severed fake hand falls near his lap

Last edited: