Ideal Young Indy DVDs?

Matinee Idyll

What I really want (and I'm sure most of you agree) is the Chronicles restored to their original format. In the case of the longer telemovies (Curse of the Jackal), keep them as they are. For things like Palestine, 1917... which was turned from a great 50 minute episode into an awful 1 1/2 hour travesty, back in its original form please.

Then, let's say Volume 1 of the DVD releases has 5 discs. On each of the first 4 discs, have 1 Corey Carrier adventure, and 2 Sean Patrick Flannerys. Put these in relatively chronological order. Then have all the supplementary documentaries on the 5th DVD.

So the first volume would be something like this:

Disc 1:
The Curse of the Jackal (Egypt 1908, Mexico 1916)
Princeton 1916 (alittle trouble with this one, given it's 'before' Mexico - but still, it's better than chopping up Curse of the Jackal like the 'Adventures' did)

Disc 2:
Morocco 1908
Ireland 1916
London 1916

Disc 3:
Paris 1908
The Somme, 1916
Germany, 1916

Disc 4:
Kenya, 1909
Paris, 1916
Verdun, 1916

Disc 5:
All the Historical and making of documentaries (if these can't be fitted onto the others).

-------

Continue like this for the other 2 volumes, and if they run out of Corey Carriers... just put 3 SPF episodes per DVD.

Probably a pipe dream, but I think that's the best way to do it - rather than completely chronological, because then after Curse of the Jackal you'll be waiting 'til the next Volume to see Flannery again.

Or... they could put them on DVD in the same jumbled order as they first aired, that'd be great too.

Any suggestions? What are your hopes for the official DVD release?

Lambonius

If you google "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," it gives you links to be able to purchase what appears to be an unofficial DVD collection claiming to have the entire series with the episodes' original edits and in the same order as they had originally aired.

Does anyone know about the validity of this?

The price seems reasonable. If I knew it was genuine and good quality, I'd probably buy it, rather than wait for the "official" release, which seems like it's going to be the crappier re-edits.

Here's one of the links.

http://www.dvdcollections.tv/product.php?productid=119753

Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

HovitosKing

These things pop up all the time for different shows, and they're basically a collection of bootlegged video burned to DVD. The quality is generally poor, not to mention the fact that they're most likely illegal...

Last edited:

IndyFan89

I think they should keep the old Indy stuff and Harrisons camio. That's what made that show fun. Rick has anounced and Celbration: Europe that the first set will hit stor Oct. 13th.