Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Fan-Trailer

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, your review is spot on. The acting is positively horrid, the graphics are not bad for what seem to be non-professionals, but I'm just glad someone cared enough to do it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, I've seen this one too...an interesting exercise, but it's like Gus van Sant's <I>Psycho</I> not even a composite, but just a technical exercise.

macwizard

One of the most produced fan films I have ever seen. Acting was a bit rough, but the action scenes and scenery were stunning. I could see something like this being a reality some day.

Niteshade007

The acting was certainly terrible. But I have to say that the CGI was great considering that this was apparently a very low budget film (obviously a group of friends) and the cinematography wasn't bad at all. If they had just gotten better actors, it would have been great.

Ephisus

Hey guys.

I'm the director of the project that you're all discussing, I just thought I would throw some acknowledgment of the comments out here.

It's interesting to see the project disseminating across the internet the way it has.

I don't feel a particular need to defend against criticism, other than to point out that the concept trailer was made for a little over fifteen American dollars, and was shot and cut in about 2 months time, never shooting in ideal conditions, across state lines, and with almost none of the actors in the same room at the same time (the sophia and indy actor never met).

Thanks to the original poster who bothered to bring this here, and to everyone who has taken the time to give feedback.

There's a full website up for anyone who is interested.

http://acre-fields.com//foa/

Thanks,

Joel Loukus

Ephisus said:
Hey guys.

I'm the director of the project that you're all discussing, I just thought I would throw some acknowledgment of the comments out here.

It's interesting to see the project disseminating across the internet the way it has.

I don't feel a particular need to defend against criticism, other than to point out that the concept trailer was made for a little over fifteen American dollars, and was shot and cut in about 2 months time, never shooting in ideal conditions, across state lines, and with almost none of the actors in the same room at the same time (the sophia and indy actor never met).

Thanks to the original poster who bothered to bring this here, and to everyone who has taken the time to give feedback.

There's a full website up for anyone who is interested.

http://acre-fields.com//foa/

Thanks,

Joel Loukus

Thanks for the reply. I certainly never meant to offend with my criticism and in fact I like the trailer a whole helluva lot all things considered. So my apologies if it came off poorly.

I took the time after first stumbling on it the other day to peruse your website and was quite impressed. In fact, you guys are operating pretty close to where I live. About 30 minutes off--fascinating to me that not only are there others so near who share my love for cinema (I'm a film student) but also my love for this game.

Sure, I think your video is not without it's faults--but it's a helluva lot to do for a fan project and that dedication is admirable.

If you continue this into a full-length, I'd personally be very interested in seeing it.

Major West

I enjoyed the trailer. I could probably watch a feature length episode of that. Acting seems to be a issue with a lot of fan productions. Something I think fan productions should consider, instead of going to the effort of hiring real actors, is hire an on set acting coach instead. They can hand out line readings. As it's really the delivery of lines that often needs brushing up, more than the acting as a whole pe rse.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Also, it's the sheer scale of things that can make it difficult to do any good acting. I've done a few stage productions and while I'm not one to toot my own horn, I'm thought of as being fairly good. But yesterday I was in a short film (probably about 12, 15 minutes, I haven't seen the edited version yet) that a friend of mine was putting together for a summer philosophy course, and you feel absolutely ridiculous doing it because there's so little depth and they're just isolated little incidents with not the most context and not really any rehearsal time either. Let me tell you, it's not easy, so I can really empathize with your actors, who, through no fault of your own but purely as a result of the nature of the project, and less than ideal filming conditions (not being there at the same time), weren't able to do the kind of work they might otherwise.

Ephisus

Now that the project has been online for sometime we have upload a behind the scenes video covering the production. The behind the scenes video encompasses several areas of the production along with technical aspects of the post process.

The BTS is online at:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis BTS

Hope you guys enjoy it! As always any and all feedback is appreciated.

Joel