RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Watercolor

Dr.Mirakle32

Over the summer I rediscovered one of my favorite films on DVD. A few months ago, I finally bought the four-disc Indiana Jones box set, since I hadn't watched the films for some time. I immeadiately realized that for me, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK is the greatest move ever made. It literally has every thing I want in a film: nonstop action, great pacing, romance, a genuinely horrific climax and a 1930's period setting (I love the styles of the thirties.) Honestly, it is far better than all of the STAR WARS episodes combined, and is better than most of the Bond films.

Anyway, after re-falling in love with RAIDERS, I went to work one what I consider my artistic masterpiece. Here is my dedication to my favorite film, done in watercolors with some ink. It was heavily influenced by the work of Drew Struzan, Richard Amsel and the movie posters of the 1930's and 40's.

I hope you guys like it. It's not much, but I put alot of work into it:

raiders.jpg

Please let me know what you think! If it's popular, I might do some based on the other films.

Niteshade007

It's really set up very well, and it has all the best parts of the film on there. It's far better than I could ever do with watercolors.

|ZiR|

That's fantastic!

I was a bit dubious when I got to the part where you refer to it as your 'masterpiece', but then the image loaded and... wow! You weren't exaggerating. I love it.

There's so much detail. You've got like, the entire film in that one picture. Gosh. If I had to pick a favorite part it's got to be either the silhouetted digging for the Ark, or Indy & Marion tied up. ...Or the melty Germans. I can't choose--there's just too much!

How big was the canvas you used?

indyclone25

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Over the summer I rediscovered one of my favorite films on DVD. A few months ago, I finally bought the four-disc Indiana Jones box set, since I hadn't watched the films for some time. I immeadiately realized that for me, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK is the greatest move ever made. It literally has every thing I want in a film: nonstop action, great pacing, romance, a genuinely horrific climax and a 1930's period setting (I love the styles of the thirties.) Honestly, it is far better than all of the STAR WARS episodes combined, and is better than most of the Bond films.

Anyway, after re-falling in love with RAIDERS, I went to work one what I consider my artistic masterpiece. Here is my dedication to my favorite film, done in watercolors with some ink. It was heavily influenced by the work of Drew Struzan, Richard Amsel and the movie posters of the 1930's and 40's.

I hope you guys like it. It's not much, but I put alot of work into it:

raiders.jpg

Please let me know what you think! If it's popular, I might do some based on the other films.

i think its nice ,maybe i need to take out my old watercolors and try to paint more instead of color pencil