Indiana Jones audio dramas??

LawgSkrak

I've worked on a couple of Star Wars fan audios, and was wondering if anybody's done any Indy ones?

It just seems like Indy would be perfect for old style radio plays.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
LawgSkrak said:
Yeah, I just downloaded their CD quality Torrent file.

Too bad it doesn't fit on a CD. ;)

You can download the MP3 version and save it on your computer. I listen to that one on my ipod. Really enjoyable. I wish they'd do another one. (y)

DrHapgood

People actually listened to "Indiana Jones and the Well of Life."? :eek:

THAT'S AWESOME!

I was one of the main characters in that (although trying to keep my online identity secret) and this is the first time hearing people comment on it.

I'm all giddy now. :cool:

The Tingler

It was pretty good actually. Started a bit uncomfortably but soon got into the swing of things. I loved how they used Clint Bajakian's superb Emperor's Tomb score for most of it and the voices were mostly spot-on. Never really liked Tony though, the accent was too comedic and Monty Python (please tell me you weren't him DrHapgood, I'll feel bad!).

Whoever impersonated Sean Connery was good too!

For an unpaid fan production it was great! I really hope there's another one! They looking for professional writers? I'll write one for them!

DrHapgood

The Tingler said:
It was pretty good actually. Started a bit uncomfortably but soon got into the swing of things. I loved how they used Clint Bajakian's superb Emperor's Tomb score for most of it and the voices were mostly spot-on. Never really liked Tony though, the accent was too comedic and Monty Python (please tell me you weren't him DrHapgood, I'll feel bad!).

Whoever impersonated Sean Connery was good too!

For an unpaid fan production it was great! I really hope there's another one! They looking for professional writers? I'll write one for them!

I need to listen to the full thing sometime. I don't think I ever listened to it the whole way through myself actually so I didn't hear the music used.

Awwwww, you didn't like Antoine? I thought he was simply a geeky french kid with a hard-on who's too smart for his own good, which explains some of the corniness... I never got much of an impression of him as a rugged adventurer in the way Indy is. Tried to figure out his age, but couldn't for the life of me.

Unfortunately I think Pendant is trying to steer away from the fan-based productions into doing more original work, so another Indy drama is unlikely... although the head of Pendant, Jeffrey, would be able to answer that best. I'd say shoot him an e-mail. He's really cool. :cool:

I'm still a semi-recurring character in 2 of their shows, but I'm a professional voice actress nowadays, so it's hard to keep up with fanwork, which means I can't turn stuff in on time to save my life. It sucks because its some of the funnest stuff I've ever done. :D

The Tingler

Ahhh, the word "actress" narrows it down a bit! :D

As for Antoine, a good example of a subtle French accent is Paul Freeman as Belloq. French people just don't sound like Tony!

Liked his character though, and apart from the accent I also like the actor playing him. Not sure about his common-senseless overriding love though. If he's a teenager that would make more sense, but I pegged him a lot older.

Also,
has anyone got a non-Torrent version of the CD quality show? I can't stand Bittorrent.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DrHapgood said:
I need to listen to the full thing sometime. I don't think I ever listened to it the whole way through myself actually so I didn't hear the music used.

Awwwww, you didn't like Antoine? I thought he was simply a geeky french kid with a hard-on who's too smart for his own good, which explains some of the corniness... I never got much of an impression of him as a rugged adventurer in the way Indy is. Tried to figure out his age, but couldn't for the life of me.

Unfortunately I think Pendant is trying to steer away from the fan-based productions into doing more original work, so another Indy drama is unlikely... although the head of Pendant, Jeffrey, would be able to answer that best. I'd say shoot him an e-mail. He's really cool. :cool:

I'm still a semi-recurring character in 2 of their shows, but I'm a professional voice actress nowadays, so it's hard to keep up with fanwork, which means I can't turn stuff in on time to save my life. It sucks because its some of the funnest stuff I've ever done. :D

That tells me either you voiced Marion or Elam.... Either way, I thought both girls were fantastic. And as a Marion fan, I would like to say, whoever did Marion did a pretty good job. (y)