DVD-ROM on a Mac

Lon

Does anyone own a Mac and are they having trouble getting the DVD-ROM to work? It says it should work on a Mac and I have the right apps but when I click the interactive portion on the menu it just goes to the page and tells me what I need, which I have.

Crack that whip

A fine question. I was wondering the same thing myself. It does claim to support Macs, but...

:(

If anyone could help us out, this forum newcomer would be most grateful!

Adamwankenobi

The following exchange is of Indy and Mac at a local diner:

Indy: "Well? Are you gonna order?"

Mac: "Sure. I'll take a cup of coffee. What do you want old buddy?"

Indy: "Me? Eh, give me a DVD-ROM."

Mac: (confused look) "OK. Well... whatever that is, it's on me."

:p

Crack that whip

*ahem*

/me slaps Adamwankenobi around just a little and starts anew

Alright. Would anyone here know anything about getting the DVD-ROM features on the Young Indy DVDs to work on a Macintosh computer?

:p :p :p ;)

Indy4fan

Adamwankenobi said:
The following exchange is of Indy and Mac at a local diner:

Indy: "Well? Are you gonna order?"

Mac: "Sure. I'll take a cup of coffee. What do you want old buddy?"

Indy: "Me? Eh, give me a DVD-ROM."

Mac: (confused look) "OK. Well... whatever that is, it's on me."

:p
Or Indy and Mac at McDonald's. "Me? Eh, give me a Big Mac":gun:

Adamwankenobi

Crack that whip said:
/me slaps Adamwankenobi around just a little and starts anew

Ouch! :p

Crack that whip said:
Alright. Would anyone here know anything about getting the DVD-ROM features on the Young Indy DVDs to work on a Macintosh computer?

I know next to nothing about Macs myself (the computer type, that is :p ), but according to StarWars.com, the requirements are: "OS X Version 10.3.9 , G4, 1 GB RAM, and 150 MB available hard drive space".

Indy4fan said:
Or Indy and Mac at McDonald's. "Me? Eh, give me a Big Mac":gun:

:D :cool: :hat:

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
according to StarWars.com, the requirements are: "OS X Version 10.3.9 , G4, 1 GB RAM, and 150 MB available hard drive space".
The back of the boxes also specify: Flash player V.9. (but you probably know this already...)

Crack that whip

Adamwankenobi said:
Ouch! :p

I know next to nothing about Macs myself (the computer type, that is :p ), but according to StarWars.com, the requirements are: "OS X Version 10.3.9 , G4, 1 GB RAM, and 150 MB available hard drive space".

:D :cool: :hat:

Yeah, I'd already noticed, but I meet all those except the RAM, which I'd already begun to think might be the problem. It just sounded to me like an overinflated amount lifted like boilerplate text from a "standard" set of system requirements that I was inclined to dismiss it. I've got 768 MB in my G4, which certainly ought to be enough for something like this, but everything's so bloated now. Bleah.

Ah, well. I guess I'll just check out the interactive stuff when I get my next computer, or if/when I wind up getting more memory for this one. I wasn't planning on doing so, since it has enough memory already that it's not the limiting factor on what I can run on this computer most of the time - virtually everything that can run with my processor and video card requires much less memory, and there are lots of programs for which I have more than adequate RAM but not enough CPU or GPU oomph. This might be the first thing I've come across for which I meet all the requirements except the RAM.