Continuing Young Indiana Jones Petition

IndyJr.

Everyone on this forum, I highly suggest that you circulate this everywhere you go on the 'net. The amount of time you spend trying to advertise for this petition will show how much you love YIJ!

Now, this isn't some prideful thing I'm trying to do to rub my own back... no, this is for all and every Indy fan nation-wide! I am dead-serious about this! :whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Some of the fans...I'm not going to ally myself with Sankara, as I liked Young Indy just fine, but for them to be more of them...it seems less than likely, and if it's supposed to be a part of the same saga, for the characters to not look the same at the same age, that might be a bit too much. I'll accept that Corey Carrier will turn into River Phoenix who will turn into Sean Patrick Flannery whoo will turn into Harrison Ford who will turn into George Hall, but for Corey Carrier to be simultaneous with Sean Patrick Flannery? That's a bit much.

IndyJr.

Here's another idea.

You know how for the 1992-1996 Young Indy they began with "1908 and 1916", one using Corey Carrier and one using Sean Patrick Flannery?

Well for the new series (if they are made) I propose that the way they go about it, is hire an unknown child actor (John Doe for my example), Corey Carrier, and Sean Patrick Flannery and even Harrison Ford and then commence filming!

Say, for example, season 4 of Young Indy is commenced in 2009, well this is personally how I would do it:

Season 4 - 2009

Indiana Jones (1908) - John Doe
Indiana Jones (1916) - Corey Carrier
Indiana Jones (1938) - Sean Patrick Flannery
Indiana Jones [age 60] (bookends) - Harrison Ford

then do filming with John, Corey and Sean all simultaneously until you have like 5 '08 episodes, 5 '16 episodes and 5 '38 episodes. '08 is about Indy's early adventures with his parents and Miss Seymour (Margaret Tyzack wouldn't happen to still be alive? <_<) '16 can be about his war years and '38 can be about his archaeological years... that way they can also satisfy the picky people who demand archaeological adventures out of the show. Then go a few seasons until John Doe's character of Indy becomes 16 years old, then stop for him. Then continue with Corey and Sean. Then eventually stop with Sean and then eventually with Corey...

That is the first way I would do it... now, another way I might do it (the more reasonable way) would be to:

Season 4 - 2009

Indiana Jones (1908) - John Doe
Indiana Jones (1918) - Sean Patrick Flannery (skip the first two years, since they're so packed)
Indiana Jones [bookends] - Harrison Ford

And hope Sean still can act as young as he use too... and leave out Corey...

... OOOOR you could use method 1 but just leave out Sean... or you could leave out John Doe... or...

well... either way you do it... let's try not and split hairs with the "changing actors will be stupid" response... who cares if they look a little bit different... I'd rather have more episodes and look over the fact that they may not look the same, and just enjoy the episodes!

I am a true fan... some may complain that I'm not a fan enough to not care that the look is the same...

no... on the other hand... I'm so much so a true fan that I want Young Indy episodes SO badly that using Corey as the teenage Indy along side the Sean episodes isn't such a big problem!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
On this issue, though, I need to disagree with you not merely on the merits, but on the conclusion. It's simply impractical to think that they would do this. Corey Carrier doesn't seem to be acting these days. Sean Patrick Flannery seems to be doing well for himself and probably wouldn't want to return to the role, especially when he'll be compared, unfavorably, to Harrison Ford, who's appearing the episodes with him. On your alternate proposal, Flannery would be playing a character he's already played, now at less than half the age he is now. And whether Ford himself will do it is a coin toss. This was a show that cared about realism and production values, more than anything else (let's put aside the narrative unrealism of having him meet everyone). To have multiple actors for your star does some harm to that.

But, putting aside the issue of the actors. Just as in your preference for YIJC over the trilogy you recognize that bigger is not necessarily better, I would urge you to recall that more is not better. They did rather well with what there was the first time. I wouldn't push it.

IndyJr.

True, true. But you know there's also another path. Casting all characters with brand new actors.

But of course, there's always the policy that too much is not always the best, as you have so eloquently put it. I guess my love for the series shall never die.

Long live Young Indy! :whip:

No Ticket

I hate to say that for the most part, I'm pretty sure companies don't take internet petitions/signatures seriously. Since a lot of the time they cannot prove the uniqueness of the signatures and... well... people sign them with their screen names like "DontCallMeJunior" or something like that.

And petitions in general don't really work. You would have to have, like, over 50,000 signatures I would think to even catch the attention of anyone involved to put money back into YIJC production. Money talks much louder. The only real way for something like that to come back, I'd guess, is if the dvds sell amazingly well to prove there is a market for it.

Couple that with the fact that the show was made quite some time ago and Lucas and gang have been more focused on films and animated TV series...

I'd say you have a better shot at them making some kind of new Indiana Jones television show than bringing back YIJC.

Not to be the bearer of bad news. Just saying.

Little Indy

They should bring it back and call it the "Boring Years" focusing on how Indy managed to get all his studies done. I loved the YIJC, but man, when did Indy find the time to get his bachelor's his master's and his doctorate's degrees. It took me nearly a decade just to get my BA.

I'd also love to see it back, theres so much that could be done, though maybe not with the same actors, ah they'd make it work. Also as it'd be set for the most part after college it'd satisfy alot of the haters of the show so far, more Movie Indiana, or at least partly.

IndyJr.

Little Indy said:
They should bring it back and call it the "Boring Years" focusing on how Indy managed to get all his studies done. I loved the YIJC, but man, when did Indy find the time to get his bachelor's his master's and his doctorate's degrees. It took me nearly a decade just to get my BA.

Honestly they don't have to show ALL of Indy's college studies on film. It would be sufficient enough to show a little every now and then to show you what it's like, then get back to the adventures. His professors took him on adventures. He went on adventures with Belloq. If done right it doesn't have to be The Boring Years.

Blackadder

Signed , really would love to see new episodes , whatever would it be the "boring years" or something else.