Me and That Hat

IndyCon

Hello I'm sorry if this does not deserve its own thread but I'm so excited because guess what just arrived in the post, that's right my very first Indiana Jones fedora and I'm over the moon here's a quick camera phone picture of me in THE HAT.

28-02-08_1452.jpg

Again sorry if this does not deserve its own thread but I just so happy. :D:D(y):whip:

deckard24

Nice hat man!! Congrats!:hat:

I'm dying to get one myself, what kind is the one you have?

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE RAVEN!

IndyCon

It's a STETSON I got it off Ebay for £30 pounds which is about $60 US Dollars I believe.

9000_1.jpg

I hope you get a hat soon. :hat:

Mickiana

Good one Indycon. Gets me excited about the Indygear I got coming soon. Woo hoo! Man, sometimes I have to pinch myself 'cause Indy4 is almost here.

IndyCon

Little Indy said:
Great hat my man, I also like the poster in the background, where did you get it?

The poster was free in EMPIRE magazine; it's a movie magazine here in the UK.

The_Raiders

Canyon said:
Indycon, congratulations on your first fedora! (y)

I'm up to my second one now. :D ;)

I'm up to my 2nd also :hat: I have a black one I call my "Toht hat", and A tanish-light brown, I don't know how to describe it, I use that as an Indy hat, but I'm looking into getting a brown one ;)

Indycon, that's a very nice :hat:

Mr. Z

I'm quite impressed myself, and it fits you very well. I'm getting ready to order one soon. I had one from the Disney parks 10 years ago, but during a move it got crushed and lost its shape. :( I'm not sure where some of the best places are to search. Any suggestions?

Lao Che Pun

Mr. Z said:
I'm quite impressed myself, and it fits you very well. I'm getting ready to order one soon. I had one from the Disney parks 10 years ago, but during a move it got crushed and lost its shape. :( I'm not sure where some of the best places are to search. Any suggestions?

Toddscostumes is a good place. They sell Herbert Johnsons as well as the licensed Hats.

Adventurebilts also makes a killer hat.

You probably could go cheapest on eBay.

Mr. Z

I've been trying to order through Hats Direct to get my hat custom designed, but they are so hard to get a hold of these days. I'll keep trying though.

Mr. Fusion

Mr. Z said:
I've been trying to order through Hats Direct to get my hat custom designed, but they are so hard to get a hold of these days. I'll keep trying though.

When you do get through to Hats Direct, they have excellent customer service. I think they may be backed up.

Also, I was told (from a reliable source) that they are working on a new Akubra Federation Deluxe. It's supposed to have a better block and brim. Much closer to the original Herbert Johnsons. And it will most likely be under $200, like the current Fed. Deluxe. Which is a great price considering Todd's Herbert Johnsons are $299, and Indy Magnoli's are $295. BTW, here's the link to Magnoli's Herbert J's:Herbert Johnson Fedora (Sable):hat:

Mr. Z

When you say they, do you mean Camptown Hats for the Akubra Deluxe?

I finally got a hold of him today; he's a lawyer full-time, which explains why he is so busy. No wonder I didn't hear from him. However, I am so antsy to get one, that I may not be able to wait much longer. I'm debating waiting on the Adventurebuilt, since they supplied for Crystal Skull.

CamptownHats

Mr. Z said:
When you say they, do you mean Camptown Hats for the Akubra Deluxe?

I finally got a hold of him today; he's a lawyer full-time, which explains why he is so busy. No wonder I didn't hear from him. However, I am so antsy to get one, that I may not be able to wait much longer. I'm debating waiting on the Adventurebuilt, since they supplied for Crystal Skull.

Can't go worng with Steve's hat, I would be happy to set you (or anyone else) up with a Camptown using the AdventureBilt block.

Peace
Ken