Indy shirt color

windgirlcruse

I just gotting a shirt that have the stye that indy shirt have but it white. Do think it matter what color of shirt if is white or a tan color?

IJ_KELLER

Khaki is more or less the basic colour. I found one at my local Walmart, though the colour is fairly close, its not quite screen accurate.:)

The_Raiders

As long as it is a basic Indy color I would'nt really care if it was white, off white, tan whatever. I have noticed that in the scene in ROTLA when Indy is at Sallahs house, his shirt apears white to me, the in the other scenes off white, in TOD I think his shirt looks tannish, then in LC sometimes in apears greyish, I think if I had an Indy shirt that was anywhere around those colors, I'd call it accurate.

son of Indy

Shirt color

Or MAYBE, just maybe...

Indy packs more than one shirt when he goes somewhere!
Wouldn't you?

Also, remember that Indy does not wear a uniform, where everything MUST be perfect. He wears a STYLE, a style that was very popular among men of that time period who'd been to war or had done a good deal of blue-collar work. Khakis can come in a variety of shades, and ALL are accurate in terms of the SPIRIT of the style of Indy, and all the other working stiffs in the Depression Era and WWII, which is kind-of what Indy reflects. Also, MOST clothing was of earth-tones or basic blues until the '50's. Only then did we see much more variety in terms of colors in clothing, along with different fabrics. Up until the '50's, most working men dressed in either khakis, denims, or chambray shirts. Undershirts (wife-beaters) were common, but T-shirts were still mostly seen primarily among those in the Navy.