What's deleted?

Nurhachi1991

i was gonna buy the young indy chronicals volume 1 on dvd but im hearing stuff is cut out? like when i first saw curse of the jackel it started when indy was 9 than jumped to when he was 16 fighting in the mexican revoultion and got the jackel again on the dvd do they not include the jackel part when he is 16?

metalinvader

All of the episodes have been edited into telemovies.For instance..The first half of Curst of the Jackal and the unaired Tangiers episode were combined to make "My first adventure".Like RA said...Just Old Indy was cut out...Damn shame. You may wanna give the episode guide at TheRaider a look,It's pretty indepth.

Flannery10

ResidentAlien said:
Heh.

The only stuff that's cut is Old Indy.

No, there are other scenes which got lost in George's cutting room, including the coffee plantation scenes in the British East Africa Episode or several in the Princeton episode. Damn shame indeed, metalinvader. But as for Curse of the Jackal, the bookends are basically the only things that were cut, that's true.

Adamwankenobi

Not only were the Old Indy bookends and some other scenes cut, but some actors were completely (and poorly) redubbed. All of the young Indy stories were put into chronological order (and in some instances, a new chronological order :rolleyes: ).

Basically, the original Star Wars trilogy is to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, as the Star Wars Special Editions are to "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones". :( :mad:

Lao_Che

This is nothing you can't solve by getting a DVD playing laptop, a grumpy old man and a museum. ;)

Ltdefense

This actually kind of makes me glad that I'm just seeing these on DVD- I don't know what I'm missing with the edits, so I love this show!

I do dig that each "episode" is a movie length adventure, makes it feel more epic.

metalinvader

Nurhachi1991 said:
and the young indy theme is cut to?

The opening credits are gone but the theme is still there in the scenes it was used in.The theme also plays during the menu.

Great theme,BTW(y)

Avilos

Ltdefense said:
This actually kind of makes me glad that I'm just seeing these on DVD- I don't know what I'm missing with the edits, so I love this show!

I do dig that each "episode" is a movie length adventure, makes it feel more epic.

I agree.

I do sympathize with fans who saw the shows in the original run. Missing Old Indy. Noticing the changes in the new edits.

But as someone who first discovered Young Indy when these versions came out on Video I don't see any "seams in the cutting". Meaning if you are new to the show you won't feel like you are missing anything.

Blumburtt

Even if you didn't see the original versions, you must notice that Corey Carrier's age seems to fluctuate within the same episode, due to later reshoots.

Ltdefense

Blumburtt said:
Even if you didn't see the original versions, you must notice that Corey Carrier's age seems to fluctuate within the same episode, due to later reshoots.

I'm going to confess here...I've only watched the Sean Patrick Flannery ones.

I watched the very first Corey Carrier one, thought it was pretty good, but I was eager to get to the World War 1 stuff. Kept meaning to go back and watch the younger ones, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Adamwankenobi

Ltdefense said:
I'm going to confess here...I've only watched the Sean Patrick Flannery ones.

I watched the very first Corey Carrier one, thought it was pretty good, but I was eager to get to the World War 1 stuff. Kept meaning to go back and watch the younger ones, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I love the Corey Carrier episodes, because they tend to be more philosophical than the SPF episodes.:cool:

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
No, there are other scenes which got lost in George's cutting room, including the coffee plantation scenes in the British East Africa Episode or several in the Princeton episode. Damn shame indeed, metalinvader. But as for Curse of the Jackal, the bookends are basically the only things that were cut, that's true.
Actually, there's more missing than just those 2 episodes but I haven't gotten around to detailing them yet.
As for "Jackal", a part cut from "Spring Break Adventure" is when Indy reads Ned's letter during the night.
Anyway, I've got more to add but will do it here. "Scenes Cut From the VHS/DVD Films". (Merge?)
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12619
metalinvader said:
The opening credits are gone but the theme is still there in the scenes it was used in.The theme also plays during the menu.

Great theme,BTW
Indeed, a wonderful theme. The only problem is that DVD version excludes the jungle and ragtime portions.
LtDefense said:
Too bad you didn't watch them in order because there's a particular item from the early years which plays
a significant part in a war episode. Now you'll find out in reverse!

Flannery10

Stoo said:
Actually, there's more missing than just those 2 episodes but I haven't gotten around to detailing them yet.
As for "Jackal", a part cut from "Spring Break Adventure" is when Indy reads Ned's letter during the night.
Anyway, I've got more to add but will do it here. "Scenes Cut From the VHS/DVD Films". (Merge?)
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12619
Indeed, a wonderful theme. The only problem is that DVD version excludes the jungle and ragtime portions.
Too bad you didn't watch them in order because there's a particular item from the early years which plays
a significant part in a war episode. Now you'll find out in reverse!

Yeah, I know they cut a lot more, but I just wanted to give examples. It's really too bad, that Lucas even messed up some of the scenes in the episodes itself and not only took away the bookends.
I really liked the opening theme of the series, too, because of the different elements mixed together, like the jungle and jazz, as you mentioned, Stoo. I really like the ending of the opening theme, I mean the music that plays during George Lucas; credit. Thank god, there are people who upload that stuff on youtube, like Stoo and Matinee.
I guess you mean Barcelona and Paris. Well, it's not that bad, since that's the way they originally aired.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
Yeah, I know they cut a lot more, but I just wanted to give examples.
I'm aware that you know, but was putting the info out there for anyone else who was not.:)
Flannery10 said:
I really liked the opening theme of the series, too, because of the different elements mixed together, like the jungle and jazz, as you mentioned, Stoo. I really like the ending of the opening theme, I mean the music that plays during George Lucas; credit. Thank god, there are people who upload that stuff on youtube, like Stoo and Matinee.
Willkommen! Yes, that racing, scramble to a high note adds the perfect, finishing punch!
Flannery10 said:
I guess you mean Barcelona and Paris. Well, it's not that bad, since that's the way they originally aired.
Not sure what you're referring to here. The item I mentioned links "Vienna" with another episode...:rolleyes:
(don't want to spoil it for LtDefense).