Unfilmed Indy quote conversation

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Using any official scripts, books, comics, video games, or attractions. Just cite your sources. Here's the game dialogue from FoA, IM, and ET. And the unused scripts. And this is from Disneyland. The books, you should own! (Except maybe the out-of-print Grail Diary.)

"Tourists! Why did it have to be tourists?"
(Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction)

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Attila wonders how long it'll take for this one to get off track...

"Postcards? Replicas of the temple? Souvenir Mugs?"
(Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis)

Stoo

Virgil: Virgil Vektor! Capital V...I...R...
Indy (hands him his paper): F!
(Indiana Jones and the Monkey King - unused script)

Pale Horse

Staff member
a bit confused

I feel like a super delegate at the democratic convention, everyone is talking, but I can't string a logical progression together :p

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"Guess how I lived, Mister Jones. I worked here. And I wasn't the bartender."
(Raiders)

Deleted scenes are fair game too. It's not conversational patter just yet, not that it often was (unless you imagine Marion and Indy comparing emotional scars), but it can be...

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
"Indiana Jones, you ought to be ashamed of yourself! What would your father say?"
(City of the Gods, failed script)
"And now look at you, Junior: No job, no career. You're a disgrace."
(Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge, an imagined response from Henry Sr.)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"I knew this little guy once ...a scrawny runt, with thick black glasses and about 300 different kinds of allergies... But this little kid had a dream... He wanted to be on the football team. Well, all the big guys made his life miserable...always shoving his head in the drinking fountain...putting mustard in his pants...throwing me ...'er, HIM!...throwing HIM in the shower with all his clothes on... But that little guy didn't quit. He worked hard. Never gave up. And in two years...he was the Quarterback. Star of the team. And you know why?... 'Cause that little kid had somethin' that those big guys never heard of... He had HEART! And nothin' can stop that! Nothin'! Now let's go out there and show 'em JUST HOW TOUGH THE LITTLE GUYS ARE!"

(Monkey King)

Stoo

Indiana Jones: It's Doctor Jones, actually.
Janice Le Roi: Yeah? Then why don't you show me your stethoscope?

(Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods - Part 1)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Marshal Kai Ti Chang: "I see that you have you brought the third shard of the Mirror. Good. The stars are in perfect alignment. We will hold the ritual tonight."

Sums up the awful Emperor's Tomb script. But I like this line:

Indy: "Whatever has control of Mei Ying is drawing its power from those orbs. If I can take them out, I might be able to set her free."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"No! I've found it -- you can't -- been too many lies -- there's no god's heaven -- just -- the horror! I've seen it -- life preying on life! -- rivers -- destroying mountains -- a comet in space -- exploding! (holding his head) Aaahh! -- the screams -- pitiful people -- their pain -- the hate -- and greed -- always greed! -- but I've found -- Kali's touch! Death -- no more lies -- the death I've been searching for! (shouting) Quit crying! She can hear you -- Kali knows fear -- don't you understand -- Kali is freedom!"

(Temple of Doom)

metalinvader

Since we're going the route of the films novels...

From the LC story book..

"He's no knight-errant;Merely my errant son who has led an impure life....Totally unworthy."

Stoo

Chatter Lal: I sense the fumes of opium in all this. Perhaps Miss Scott picked up the habit in Shanghai?
Willie Scott: What're you talking about? I'm not a dope fiend. I saw it! I'll show you!

(Temple of Doom novel by James Kahn)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"Mr. Sullivan will be filling in for me while I'm gone. I am certain he is an excellent teacher, and I expect you'll treat him with the same respect you've always treated me. My not being here does not excuse your efforts as regards your studies. In plain English, no slacking off in my absence. I can promise you a typically unforgiving mid-term. Mr. Sullivan will see to it. It has been my privilege to be your teacher. Good luck. If there's one thing my father taught me, it's self-reliance. That means thinking for yourself. Never let them close your minds. Never be told what to think. God gave you brains for a reason."

(City of the Gods)