What Do We KNOW About Indy V?

Millions

Ok, I'll get straight to the point. I'm getting bored of reading all of these speculation threads and 'how I would do Indy V' threads. They are just completely pointless! There's no point saying 'get rid of Mutt.' It just won't happen. Lucas and Spielberg aren't just making this stuff up as they go along - there is a rough 3 movie plan in there - Shia signed up for 3 films ; Harrison for 2. So instead of all this guesswork and opinion, what do we know for definite?

1) Mutt will be in it.
2) It will feature an older Indy again, so the main opponent will be the Soviets, not Nazis.
3) Therefore : Mutt and Indy will compete against the Russians to locate some powerful artefact

Let's see...... what else can we add to this list? The more blanks we can fill in, the less time we'll waste getting our hopes up for a return of the Nazis or an absence of Mutt!

John

Millions said:
So instead of all this guesswork and opinion, what do we know for definite?
1) Mutt will be in it.
2) It will feature an older Indy again, so the main opponent will be the Soviets, not Nazis.
3) Therefore : Mutt and Indy will compete against the Russians to locate some powerful artefact

The only thing we know is they are doing the same thing about Indy V as they did about Indy IV, 18 years ago! Talk talk talk.

None of those things you mentioned are definite.
What if he goes to China, to South Africa, Cuba, Ireland? Commuinists maybe...

Robyn

Millions said:
Mutt and Indy will compete against the Russians to locate some powerful artefact

Let's see...... what else can we add to this list? The more blanks we can fill in, the less time we'll waste getting our hopes up for a return of the Nazis or an absence of Mutt!

John

What makes you think Indy will be up against the Russians again?

I don't think too many people are really getting their hopes up for the return of Nazis in Indy 5.. It's just a little too soon to fill in many plot blanks when we're given nothing to go with.

JP Jones

We know Steven has a story. That means we already have a McGuffin and a rough outline of the story. I'm thinking if they can produce a script soon, Indy V could be closer than we think.

Meerkat

mr.kotcs said:

Therefore?
If we know Mutt will be in it, will they try to make him the main character or something?

tocksic

Millions said:
... there is a rough 3 movie plan in there - Shia signed up for 3 films ; Harrison for 2. ...

I still haven't read, seen or heard ANYTHING that confirms this! Up to now this is just still one big relentless rumour since pre-KotCS! "Pics or didn't happen!" I don't have any clue, why so many people are still propagandising this BS! :confused:

You're tired of speculations and wanna talk facts? So why don't you start with your own post? :confused:

Crack that whip

Indeed, we don't even know for sure that a fifth movie will happen at all. All that's really been confirmed is that the principals are all up for it and contemplating ideas ("research," etc.), but as far as I can tell, there's no indication there's enough of a story yet to say there's really something in the works.

Millions

tocksic said:
You're tired of speculations and wanna talk facts? So why don't you start with your own post? :confused:

Ah, quit whining, Tocksic - you pompous little ass. You are so negative. You really kill the atmosphere on this web-board sometimes.

Try to be constructive, then - what facts can you contribute?

Mickiana

Here's something that doesn't mean anything: I feel that they will make Indy 5. But it's just a feeling.

tocksic

Millions said:
Ah, quit whining, Tocksic - you pompous little ass. You are so negative. You really kill the atmosphere on this web-board sometimes.

What? Is there any proof for your accusation? Until I wrote in this thread, I have NEVER participated in any kind of disputatious topic or issue whatsoever on this board! So despite of beeing rude and insulting, you're simply backbitin'!

Seems you just can't handle justified criticism. Sure you're not confusing me with someone else?

Millions said:
Try to be constructive, then - what facts can you contribute?

That's the point: There are no real facts! All we "officially" know is that the beards don't decline the idea of doing one more (or two ... or ten) movies and that they MIGHT do another movie IF they find a good story. Maybe in 5 Years we have 2 new Indy flicks, maybe we have none in 10.

That's it. Nothing more.

Mutt beeing back is no fact. It's just your assumption about a movie that not even is announced.

Russians as villains - again not a fact but personal assumption. There are way more evil doers that can be up against Indy. ;)

Ford and LaBeouf signed more contracts is no fact - neither is the "rough 3 movies plan". (I'm not saying that it's not possible - but until now it's simply just speculation. There has never been any confirmation or evidence of this.)

All you are doing is to talk about your personal assumptions. That's fine! No problem about that! But don't say you are talking facts and then defend your utterances by insulting other people in a harsh way, just because they don't share your point of view.

You started this thread by saying "Ok, I'll get straight to the point. I'm getting bored of reading all of these speculation threads and 'how I would do Indy V' threads. They are just completely pointless!" - But that is exactly what you are doing.

I'm no hater. I'm not against cool ideas and speculations of any kind. What bothers me is just your contradictorily intent.

If you really wanna talk about facts and not be bored of speculations, just wait until more information about possible prequels will be around. ;)

Last edited:

Millions

Hey, Tocksic - I think I mistook you for someone else! It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....... Well, I am that big man!

Anyway, sorry I called you a pompous ass, I thought you were someone else. Point taken. Hope there are no hard feelings? (Hey - I just thought - you don't see many apologies on this site, do you? Despite all the bickering, hehe).

James

Millions said:
1) Mutt will be in it.

I'd say an older Indy is probably the only thing we can be reasonably sure of- unless Ford suddenly discovers the fountain of youth.

Judging by this series' history, I don't think there's any reason to assume that Lucas will use the Russians again. Or that he will bring Mutt back. Most people seem to think it's a given, but Lucas himself admitted it will depend on the story. Since we do know that he likes each Indy film to be unique and episodic, it wouldn't surprise me to see him employ a different approach.

The only thing we do know is that everyone appears to be eager to make another- certainly more than they were in the immediate wake of either TOD or LC. In one year, we've gotten more positive signs than we had in the first 10 years following LC.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
^ I agree. It doesn't mean the Ruskies are going to come back necessarily. Personally, I would bring in a cult or an evil secret society (I thought the Thugees were quite threatening villains. They were far more scary than the Russians).

Though I think the reason why people make the assumption that Mutt will return is the fact that he's young and brings in the kiddies (and not to mention girls, ;) ) to the cinema and he is Spielberg's golden boy right now. I personally wouldn't be surprised if Mutt did come back.

Again personally, with all this news/rumours lately, I hope that if the film does go ahead, that Kasdan is the man to pen the screenplay (not bloody likely, but one can hope). As someone else said in one of the Indy V threads, I hope the cinematographer from Jurassic Park is brought on board instead of Kaminski (that is not to say that Kaminski isn't a good cinematographer, I just don't think his style is right for Indy).

Do I think Indy V will go ahead? I still don't think it's going to happen, but hey, I don't mind being proven wrong. If it does, I just hope that I enjoy it more than KOTCS.

caats

i imagine mutt will be involved somehow. he's important. I just hope they cut down on the sidekicks. it was a bit crowded at the end there. but crowded in a "they aren't doing anything" way. unlike crusade.

Hanselation

What we believe to know!

What we know till now:
0. Status: In development
1. Indiana Jones: Harrison Ford
2. Director: Steven Spielberg
3. Producer: George Lucas
4. Story: George Lucas
5. Music (Main Theme): John Williams (-additional music also?-)
6. Co-Starring: (Maybe Shia and Karen)
7. Studio: Lucasfilm and Paramount (or 20th Centuy Fox?)
8. Mc Guffin: ?
9. Script: ?
10. Locations: ?
11. Enemies: ?
12. Vehicles involved in stunts: ?
13. Kind of bugs/vermins/wild animals: ?
14. Opening date: ?

Last edited: