Passing of the Torch?

fenris

I know a lot of you might react strongly about this, but I couldn't resist playing with the pics... :D

This is what will happen if they pass the torch to Mutt in Indy 5.

mutt_indy2.jpg

mister64

LOL! I don't want Mutt in the Indy hat and outfit for another 10 years, if ever. He hasn't earned it yet. But I do like his cap and leather jacket greaser look. If the torch is passed Mutt should keep wearing his KOTCS outfit.

fenris

hehe... if you'll notice, they do share almost the same features. Shia could've played a younger Indy. Well... compared to the actor who starred in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Shia looks more like Indy.

Jack Nelligan

mister64 said:
LOL! I don't want Mutt in the Indy hat and outfit for another 10 years, if ever. He hasn't earned it yet. But I do like his cap and leather jacket greaser look. If the torch is passed Mutt should keep wearing his KOTCS outfit.

I agree that he has not earned it yet!!! He needs to finish school, serve in the Army, maybe a couple of tours in Nam, and be able to support himself. Then, MAYBE, there could be a passing of the hat. Either way, I don't see it happening in INDY V!

kongisking

fenris said:
I know a lot of you might react strongly about this, but I couldn't resist playing with the pics... :D

This is what will happen if they pass the torch to Mutt in Indy 5.

mutt_indy2.jpg

That actually looks really good...Shia cuts a cool figure wearing the outfit!

AnnieJones

I would like to put the same comments on this thread as I did on the What would Mutt need to do to earn the "hat"??? thread.
That thread can be found here: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=19555
AnnieJones said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again.I don't like the idea of Shia taking over the Indy movies.I've always known Harrison as being the lead role.I don't mind the character of Mutt and I don't care if he is,or isn't,in another Indy movie.
AnnieJones said:
I wouldn't mind Mutt as a lead character if he were in his own Mutt spin off or something like that.As far as Indiana Jones movies are concerned,I would prefer Harrison as the lead and Mutt as a sidekick.Again,I don't mind Mutt in an Indy movie,just as long as he is a sidekick.
Personally,I think Shia is a good actor and because of that I actually like some of his movies,but that won't change my mind about what I think of the Indy movies.

Last edited:

AnnieJones

fenris said:
hehe... if you'll notice, they do share almost the same features. Shia could've played a younger Indy. Well... compared to the actor who starred in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Shia looks more like Indy.
I think from this side view they look more alike.Same shape of nose and similar profiles.Another thing they have in common is that they are also part Jewish on both of their mother's side of the family.
shiaharrison.jpg

Last edited:

The Drifter

kongisking said:
I will admit, though...this little video is utterly hilarious! God, I LOVE Will Smith! (y) (y) (y)

I laughed like a drugged monkey when I seen it. Doc always busts out the funny gifs.

What Letter?

I don't know if I would ever want to see him in an Indy costume. I like his costume now, but doubt he can wear it forever. Its not as timeless. I think he would need to update a bit to fit the times. He can always have the same look, just probably needs a newer black jacket and better undershirt. He would need a better weapon than a sword. Maybe a smaller dagger or knife along with something else. IMO

AnnieJones

mister64 said:
Jack Nelligan said:
I agree that he has not earned it yet!!! He needs to finish school, serve in the Army, maybe a couple of tours in Nam, and be able to support himself. Then, MAYBE, there could be a passing of the hat. Either way, I don't see it happening in INDY V!
Although,he has been known,in real life,to wear a fedora.

Tuesday,February 10,2009
shia-labeouf-fedora.jpg

JP Jones

I've been on the fence about this "passing the torch" thing, but I've finally come to a conclusion. After Indy 5 I fully endorse a passing of the torch. I'm just hoping they don't try to explain why the torch was passed. They should just come out with a new movie where Mutt goes on an adventure, just like his dad.

Montana Smith

Although Harrison officially endorsed passing the hat to Shia after finishing KOTCS (by signing one of the fedoras and presenting it to him), it doesn't feel right.

For a start he can't be Indiana Jones, since he was named after a different dog, and Mutt Jones doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Although I look forward to another movie, its mainly because I want the general interest in Indy to keep alive merchandising for the earlier films. Most of the original appeal of IJ for me was the 1930s period. I accepted the KOTCS as Harrison was able to carry the same character into the 1950s.

A brand new character, even if the actor does look like the son of Indy, set in the 1960s, doesn't hold the same appeal. Lucas and Speilberg are going to have to work really hard to make it work, otherwise it's just going to be Sean Connery's James Bond all over again.

The only logical way forward that I see is for Indiana Jones to be an animated series (not Jap-anime like Clone Wars, but high quality likeness of the actors). That way the Indiana that I grew up with can live on, maybe even voiced by Harrison himself.

Matt

Peru1936

Why does the "torch" have to be passed?

I'd prefer the series continue into the future with another actor, once Ford is too old for the part. Different people have played Superman on film; different people have played Bond.

There's nothing wrong with seeing Indy on the big screen depicted in the '20s, other stories in the '30s, the '40s, again in the '50s, and perhaps beyond, and depicted by another actor.

I don't care to see Henry Jones III as a bastardized version of Indiana Jones.