The perfect Indy 5 has to be this surely? ....

Routledge

... taking all the negatives from Indy 4 and ridding them for Indy 5 is surely a must.

All the talk of bringing Connery back for the 5th adventure obviously means it would have to be a prequel.

Therefore Mutt wouldn't be in it at all and we wouldn't have 3 or 4 sidekicks tagging along for the sake of it.

Should be Indy on his own again, fighting with a new Indy girl and maybe 1 sidekick.

And a story more down to earth ... literally.

Thoughts?

Montana Smith

Routledge said:
... taking all the negatives from Indy 4 and ridding them for Indy 5 is surely a must.

Check. (y)

Routledge said:
All the talk of bringing Connery back for the 5th adventure obviously means it would have to be a prequel.

Unless he appears as a ghost.

Routledge said:
Therefore Mutt wouldn't be in it at all and we wouldn't have 3 or 4 sidekicks tagging along for the sake of it.

Check. (y) (Even if it is a sequel).

Routledge said:
Should be Indy on his own again, fighting with a new Indy girl and maybe 1 sidekick.

Check. (y)

Routledge said:
And a story more down to earth ... literally.

That depends on the story. No bug-eyed aliens, but possibly some unknown other presence.

The Drifter

I honestly don't want Henry Jones Sr. back. Why double-dip for characters? Make some new ones up, or even borrow some from the novels.
I would not mind seeing Jack Shannon in a Indy film.

That is if Indy 5 will ever see the light of day.

JP Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I honestly don't want Henry Jones Sr. back. Why double-dip for characters? Make some new ones up, or even borrow some from the novels.
I would not mind seeing Jack Shannon in a Indy film.

That is if Indy 5 will ever see the light of day.
I don't want him back either. The sidekicks that wre brought back so far (sallah, marion, and marcus) were just part o the crew, while henry was the star of the show basically in LC. He made it unique instead of just being there. If anyone returns, it's got to be Shorty.

Now to what I want from Indy 5...

1. Less, maybe no cgi. This means real animals and locations.

2. Temples and jungles. It needs to look like an Indy movie. Indy IMO belongs in the jungle or exploring a temple. No German counrtysides or castles. Or Stupid Neckties !

3. The swinging 50s. Just want more of the lovely 50s vibe.

And Shorty!

Last edited:

Col. Detritch

1. A Lawrence Kasdan script
2. Less motherly/ feisty old Marion (drinking Russians under the table one vodka shot at a time!)
3. Dean Stanforth to tag-along (But not unnecessarily)
4. Sallah
5. A little more grit (action wise)
6. No Shorty please (I don’t want my memories of Shorty in ToD tarnished by seeing him decades later)
7. The enemy to be a rival of Indy’s (ala Belloq or Magnus)
8. A spectacular, edge of your seat, sweat on the bridge of your nose finale
9. But most of all the same Indy we all know and love!
:hat:

Goodeknight

Routledge said:

Montana Smith said:
Unless he appears as a ghost.

Well, they could use a Connery ghost in 5. Then they could do a series of prequels that took place before the young Indy chronicles. Maybe Indy as a newborn or a fetus. The prequels could be almost entirely cgi so they had a different look. And all the technology would have to be much cooler and more advanced than the original movies, even though they are supposed to take place earlier. There would be a much younger actor as Henry Sr.
THEN, they could redo the five original films and release an Ultimately Supreme Edition Blue Ray set, for which they could replace the Connery ghost with a ghost of the younger actor from the prequels.

Nevermind. That would be really, really stupid. Forgive me for even bringing up such an idiotic idea.

indyswk

They should have scenes that lead up to surprises, instead of disappointment. What actually happened there?

To name a few of these in Indy 4, imo:

Marcus' decapitation. Watched that in the cinema, I was so shocked, and subsequently didn't enjoy the next few mins from then on. If that weren't there, or the whole statue fell intact instead, it wouldn't detract so much. Motorcycle chase is otherwise enjoyable. More acceptable now but initially not. Initial impressions count, right? :(

The ripping sound and odd look from Indy when in the truck at start of jungle chase. That went to nothing. Shuda just cut that.

Few more minutes with treecutter would be nice.

Waterfall. Nuff said.

There are certainly positives, and personally, I think if without these negatives around, the film would've been much, much mmore enjoyable. Especially with the Marcus one. I was like :confused: :confused: :confused: why would they want to decapitate the character of a dead actor. It just sours the experience.

If that kind of style / bad edit is carried over in Raiders then it would be like when the Cairo swordsman appears, Indy just runs off and we don't see the swordsman again.

So, this has got to be avoided. Otherwise, more Indy in Indy 5, more booby traps, and more surprises, please!

mattzilla2010

Routledge said:
The perfect Indy 5 has to be this surely?

Of course it doesn't. And don't call me Shirley.

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure if I like the prequel idea too much. I know it's been done before, but I think it would just confuse the general audience if Connery suddenly reappears and LaBeouf is nowhere to be found. I'm fairly sure the rumors of Connery's return won't become true.

However, I do like the idea of having less sidekicks and bringing the story back down to earth. (y)

Indy's brother

mattzilla2010 said:
In all seriousness though, I'm not sure if I like the prequel idea too much. I know it's been done before, but I think it would just confuse the general audience

All that's needed is a some text across the silver screen such as this:

Pompeii, 1955​
2 years prior to the events at Akator​

Of course, a little agressive marketing as a prequel would pretty much negate the need for even that step.

TOD had the luxury of being the second in the series, and therefore was able to introduce and do away with every character with the exception of Dr. Jones himself, there was less expectation for some kind of ensemble cast returning.

Personally, I would l-o-v-e LOVE a prequel like this, with no Marshall College, no characters from KOTCS, just a crazy adventure with the good Doctor abroad. I also realize that this will not happen. No way. But it would be awesome!