should indy 5 be motion capture?

indyclone25

i don't know if this was brought up before , i did a search and it didnt come up.
should indy 5 be motion capture? look at the look of tin tin. could we be happy with a younger indy set in world war two? with the voice of harrison?
it could be a turning point to have more films done this way and then continue the franchise when all of the main three ( ford, spielberg , and lucas) are gone? something to think about?

Kernunnos

indyclone25 said:
i don't know if this was brought up before , i did a search and it didnt come up.
should indy 5 be motion capture? look at the look of tin tin. could we be happy with a younger indy set in world war two? with the voice of harrison?
it could be a turning point to have more films done this way and then continue the franchise when all of the main three ( ford, spielberg , and lucas) are gone? something to think about?

It's not an idea I'm fond of, to be quite honest.

Forbidden Eye

Indy's brother said:
My opinion? No. Hell no. I'd rather see a full reboot starring Michael Cera, directed by Michael Bay.

I wouldn't go that far, but I would rather just see no Indiana Jones 5 than to resort to the OP's suggestion.

Montana Smith

I wouldn't mind seeing a high quality animated series, but withy naturalistic rather than stylized artwork. Not sure whether they'd need to go the whole motion capture route to achieve the effect.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
My opinion? No. Hell no. I'd rather see a full reboot starring Michael Cera, directed by Michael Bay.
HAHAHAHA! The funny thing is I feel the same way. INDIANA JONES = REAL LIFE ACTION. If they did motion capture IT WOULD NOT BE INDIANA JONES.

Indy's brother

Gonzo gets it. For example, I've heard of The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, but somehow I can't imagine The Indiana Jones Motion Capture Spectacular gathering the same size crowds.

Montana Smith

Here's the answer from the horse's mouth:

Using performance-capture in ?The Adventures Tintin? opened a world of possibilities for Steven Spielberg, but he says it?s not the holy grail for making another Indiana Jones movie.

With star Harrison Ford approaching 70 and no finished script in sight, fans are wondering if the actor might be creeping up to the point where it?s no longer realistic for him to put on the trademark fedora for another adventure.

?I would never do an Indy retread where I took Indiana?s face, the way it exists in 2011 and ?youngify? him,? the director told the Daily News. ?I would never do that.?

MinnesotaJones

At first I thought it was a good idea because I had recently seen Tintin and I thought it would give more freedom with what they could do with Indy's adventures. It would be cool having Indy sliding down a pyramid while being chased by evil treasure hunters.
Have him do stuff that can't be done with live action but it would never happen :( so I decided it's not a good idea.