Indy Immortal

M

muldersr

Is Indy immortal at the end of Crusade? I say no, because once the grail was taken across the seal, the power of the grail was destroyed. Is this true? Please correct me if I am wrong, and fill me in on the truth.

Finn

Staff member
This has been discussed before... the grail doesn´t grant you immortality unless you drink from it every day and it also must remain in the temple.

Remember what the knight said:
"Every day I didn´t venture drink from the Grail... I got elder."

and:

"The Grail can´t pass the great seal, that´s the price of immortality."

Indy is not immortal, but it´s not out of the question that the grail wouldn´t have prolonged his life for some years.

Check also these topics for more:

http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=1790
http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=2315

And BTW, welcome to the boards! :)

bob

Indy is not immortal, but obviously it would have some effects. The novelisation says that the Grail is useless outside the Temple, but we simply cannot say what effects it has had on Indy as he is one who is purified by the whole Experience (i.e Morte D'Arthur).
But Indy aint immortal.

monkey

No, Indy is not immortal.

If he were, then Indiana Jones stories would be Fantasy rather than Action/Adventure.

He would be a Superhero rather than an Archaeologist/Adventurer.

No.

On the other hand, the CHARACTER of Indiana Jones IS immortal, in the sense that to me he doesn't age. He is perpetually and forever in the world of the 1930's from which an infinite number of adventures can be had.

A

Aussie Jones

I'd say Indy is not immortal, he passed the knight's seal. When Indy's dad was shot I thought that was it. I forgot that the grail had healing properties. Best part of the movie for me is when Indy saves his father's life. But back to the original question Indy is only immortal when he is behind the seal in the temple.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Aussie Jones, I think you ask that simply for the sake of upping your post count. There are two links posted by Finn, follow them and they will explain it all. Do not post again unless it is for a real reason.

Johan

I agree, I made the same observation about Aussie earlier but anyway. This was a question I asked myself a few months ago, I think he is only immortal when he is behind the seal in the temple.