Castle Brunwald

Attila the Professor

Staff member
There are some things I've been wondering about the most ominous place in Last Crusade, and I thought some of you have opinions or answers.

1. How long was Henry captive there?

2. Why do Nazis have a Ming vase (fake, no less) in a prisoner's room?

3. How did Indy and Henry get in the crate with the motorcycle?

4. Why didn't the Joneses wait until the Nazis were in the boat and down river before they speeded away?

5. Why did Rob MacGregor take the motorcycle chase out of his novelization of Last Crusade?

6. What is in Henry's suitcase?

That's all I can think of right now. I have my own theories on these, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

DrJones56

IndyFan
The answer to most of those is... It was in the script... ;)

How long was Indy held? well, my guess is about 2-5 days, he's captured, then Indy gets back from the Coronado and then he's taken to Donavan, but that's my guess...

bob

(its usually me who asks these qs)

1. hmmm I guess no more than a few weeks as the parcel is at the top of Indy's pile when he gets back, and Henry's house has recently been ransacked.
2. Why would they have a real one?
3. I dont know, but I think that compared to the coolness of the escape I can put up with that.
4. Dramatic Impact!, besides they couldnt see what was going on and more troops would be down there any second.
5. I wasnt aware that he did.
6. It wasnt a suitecase as such, research papers, toothbrush, a pen of course.

Raffey

Attila the Professor said:
There are some things I've been wondering about the most ominous place in Last Crusade, and I thought some of you have opinions or answers.

4. Why didn't the Joneses wait until the Nazis were in the boat and down river before they speeded away?

5. Why did Rob MacGregor take the motorcycle chase out of his novelization of Last Crusade?

That's all I can think of right now. I have my own theories on these, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

1) Had to have been a from a few weeks to a couple months. There was no passenger jet plane during that time period so travel would have been at a snail's pace for Indy.

You're talking about the entire time period the Nazis took to plan the con on Indy. Indy's flight time getting there. Setting up everything.

2) Although the castle was occupied by Nazis now it may not have been prior. It could have been own by someone rich. So the previous owners may have been ripped off thinking they bought a real one.

3) The other side of the crate may have been opened by Indy. They never really show it. Indy and dad climb aboard the motorcycle and wait.

4) Adrenaline and bad timing. Also, like I said the other side of the crate may have been wide open and Indy was afraid the Nazis would see this so they bolted.

5) Ask Shipwreck! He could bring that question up to the man himself. :D

6) His umbrella. He may use the suitcase the same way Indy uses his shoulderbag.

Attila the Professor said:

Webley said:
Just a movie... Just a movie! Some fan you are who let this guy in.
J/K.

monkey: Why did Moe poke Larry in the eyes?

A great movie, but don't analyse every little scene for mistakes. It's only fantasy.

DrJones56: The answer to most of those is... It was in the script...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I feel there's something ironic about somebody telling me it's only a movie...

But you know something, Mr. Lal? You're absolutely right. I've been saying so for most of the time I've been here. Still, that doesn't mean it's not interesting to appreciate art, be it high or low. Far from it. It's part of being cultured, to question those works that are put before you. I acknowledge that these questions are really rather useless...from the days when I was young and foolish, as it were. But even so, I would like to note that I was not analysing for mistakes. Purpose, perhaps, but not for mistakes.

But really...if you consider a thread to be useless, must you dredge it up?