Man, this sounds realy cool... is it worth 40 bucks though?

Yolegoman

Man, ET sounds realy cool... is it worth 40 bucks though?

You see, I'm not a big video game fan, and I am desperatly saving for a Laptop... but you guys make ET (Emperors tomb) sound so cool... is it really worth 2 weeks hard work's pay?

Just thought I'd ask, I mean, don't really wish to throw 40 dollars out the window. On the other hand, I was also thinking of splitting the cost with my friend and get one of the console versions.

[Edited by Yolegoman on 04-29-2003 at 07:45 am]

Yolegoman

marshce said:
You make $20 a week?

Man, I'm sorry.

Lol, good point there. We have a ton of leaves and other yard work to do, its just a temperary arrangement by my father. We do work hard though! 8 hours each saturday! :p

Yolegoman

brainofj21

Your not going to buy it because of one persons review? I would say get it if you like games and you like Indy. I'm waiting for the PS2 version but if you want the game I say get it.

Mr.Deflok

Granted it IS a good game but I don't see myself ever playing it again.

But a devout Indy fan will surely cherish it to the end of his/her days.

Randy_Flagg

Why not try for a used copy on Ebay or Amazon or somewhere like that? Honestly, I wouldn't spend $40 on it, simply because there are a lot of other great fun games out there for much less, and you can be sure that within a few months, Emperor's Tomb will also be marked down to $14 (all LucasArts games become "LucasArts Classics" and are bargain priced in less than a year.)

Another game I'd recommend is Rune. You can get it for $4.99 at a lot of places, and it's a similar style. Also, it has 44 levels, so it's quite large, and it allows you to save in-game. I found the controls to be much better than Indy?s (more intuitive and more responsive), and there were no camera problems at all. Also, while the graphics don?t have tremendous variety, they are still excellent. Best of all, if you decide you don?t like the game so much, you only spent $5, so it?s no big deal.

Yolegoman

*Bump*

I'm getting it, I can buy it used at Half.com for 20 bucks.

Unfortanetly, I can't rent it, as I have NO GAME CONSOLES WHATSOEVER, and my friend doesn't have an Xbox or PS2.

I have played the Demo, though, and its a great game. I can hardly wait to get it. Just got to convince my parents that Indy isn't killing for the fun of it, but because they kidnapped him and he needs to get away! :D