Will you watch the movies while waiting for the DVD?

spohlso

Personally, I'm going to refrain from watching any of the movies between now and when the DVD set comes out. I've seen 'Raiders' so many times it's silly. (For a long time, I lived somewhere that cable wasn't available and my Rabbit ears only picked up PBS and a spanish station. Raiders was one of my few video tapes back then. It got a lot of use.)

I want the movies to seem as fresh as possible so I'm not going to watch them again until I own the boxed set. How about you guys?

Canyon

Nooo, please don't make me!!!

Personally I cannot wait six months until I see the Indy triolgy again.

I might abstain from the films, say, two months before the release, but six months? I just can't do it!

BTW, you're braver than I am! :D

ROTLA

I watched Raiders last night and again today. So, no, I won't refrain from watching them!!

It was my goal to wait as well. Last night there was nothing on, soi I threw in last crusade and got sucked right in. Amazing, no matter how many times I've seen them, they still get me and I can't take my eyes off of them.

So when they come out on DVD there'll be a couple of marathons at my house, you're all invited!!

bob

I suspect that i will watch them but it is different for me i only watch them 2 or 3 times a year and really this is the only way that i can enjoy them as good movies rather than just a background noise of something i know so well....

indydude

ROTLA said:
I watched Raiders last night and again today. So, no, I won't refrain from watching them!!

I did the exact same thing, I watched it last night, and last week I watched it 4 times! and that will definately not be the last time before the DVDs come out, for some reason every time I watch an IJ movie it seems like I'm watching it for the first time. they are are the best!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
bob said:
I suspect that i will watch them but it is different for me i only watch them 2 or 3 times a year and really this is the only way that i can enjoy them as good movies rather than just a background noise of something i know so well....

My feelings exactly...and I'd like to add to that, instead of watching Indy or other such films over and over again, may I recommend some classics?

Kumba

I think I'll watch the trilogy one more time on video. But remember, we still have young indy, and he may not be as good, but in mystery of the blues, real indy is in it! Hope this helps the rest of you, because it sure will help me. November fourth is quite some time away; may be I should try out my freeze chamber, like the one used in the movie "Forever Young". That way it would only seem like a a few days before indy dvd comes out!

wolfgang

that's a good idea. heres what i would do, i will watch all three movies when summer starts one more time before the DVD release. by the way, i am apologyzing for not posting in a long time, i am ashamed, and i will also like to say that i won't be able to pos again until may 21

Lon

I'll try to refrain from watching the movies on video. However they get shown on AMC quite a bit so it'll be harder not to tune in if I stumble across them on a channel.

Kumba

Well that's it; I know longer have my Indy trilogy on VHS. I sold it. Yes yes, i know, that may be a form of indy blasphemy, but I don't care. I want my first viewing of Indy on DVD to be my first viewing of Indy for the first time (wow, what a tongue twister!). Yup, I remember the first time I saw indy, all the way back in 7th grade. Before that, I remember in my early childhood seeing bits of the movies on TV, but never fully watching them or knowing what it was about. Anyway, it's time to step in that freezing chamber from "Forever Young"....

Canyon

Kumba said:
Well that's it; I know longer have my Indy trilogy on VHS. I sold it. Yes yes, i know, that may be a form of indy blasphemy, but I don't care. I want my first viewing of Indy on DVD to be my first viewing of Indy for the first time (wow, what a tongue twister!). Yup, I remember the first time I saw indy, all the way back in 7th grade. Before that, I remember in my early childhood seeing bits of the movies on TV, but never fully watching them or knowing what it was about. Anyway, it's time to step in that freezing chamber from "Forever Young"....
Kumba, allow me to say that you're definately the bravest man on this messageboard! (forgive me if I am wrong - I'm pretty sure you're male!) :D

I made the decision last night that I would stop watching the films after August 4th and imerse myself in Indy projects and also watch loads of other films, to try and take my mind off the trilogy. I've asked my other half to hide the films, the makings of AND the soundtracks after this date, cos if I listen to them It'll start me off!

indydude

Kumba said:

you did something I could never do.

Tennessee Buck

I've been looking at the trilogy a lot lately but for different reasons. No matter how many times I see them, I still enjoy it as much as the last time.

One scene from LC I keep looking at, again and again, on my bootleg DVD: Elsa's reaction to Indy saying he was sorry that she would think he would've done the same thing. The editing, the music and the performance are damn near perfect.

Look forward to Nov. 3rd.

Adventurer

Good Question.
I have not seen them since the beginning of 1999 with the exception of Raiders one time somwhere in between these years. What? Dead? Who? Me? No no, still alive yet. ;)

Four years ago, i realized that more viewings doesn´t necessarily make the films "better" (for the viewer). At the same time i got my DVD Player and saw the quality difference compared to my very very old and rusty VHS player. I looked at the three tapes and mumbled something like: "Do never watch these again in this ultra-horrible quality until the DVD´s are released" Umm, did not worked completely...

[Edited by Adventurer on 05-15-2003 at 03:49 pm]

00Kevin

Indyfan
WHAT? someone could go months without watching an indy flick? GREAT SCOTT!!!!

last summer I must have watched the indy films at least 50 times each!!!! you can bet yer bum that I'm ganna have quite a slug fest this summer :D ;) :)

indydude

00kevin, that is the exact same thing with me, I can not go that long without watching an Indy movie, every time I watch them they just get better.

dameain

I will watch them again, even though I love the Indy Movie, I try to space them out, so when I watch them it is a lot more enjoyable.

wolfgang

I like to do the exact same thing demeain, but once I see it again, I go Indy crazy, then I decide I can take a brake, and after about three weeks or so...I see one again, and again, and again, then I decide I cant take a brake(does this have an end?)and once the DVDs come out, I'll do the same :S