What would you consider to be "Sensational News" about Indy IV?

What would YOU consider to be the best news you would want to hear about the upcoming film?

Heres mine:

Indiana Jones release date moved up to a summer 2003 release!!! Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford have been sitting on this goldmine for so long they decided to finally let the cat out of the bag...

"We decided to shoot it two years ago and production is now complete. We we waiting until no one could stand it anymore..." Said Spielberg in a recent Interview...

"Did you really think that phony Hollywood Homicide preview was the real thing? Did you really think I would do a movie like that?!?!? We just put it out there to throw fans off of the scent..." Said Harry Ford regarding his apperent upcoming Hollywood Homicide schlop of a film...

"Yup, I did it. It's done. It's coming..." was all Lucas had to say about the matter...

monkey

Nevermind two years ago.

What would be even better is if they said that they had secretly shot two movies in 1985 and 1987, between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. They will be released in summer of 2003, and 2004 respectively.

Randy_Flagg

monkey said:
Nevermind two years ago.

What would be even better is if they said that they had secretly shot two movies in 1985 and 1987, between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. They will be released in summer of 2003, and 2004 respectively.

That would be the best... not just because there were two movies, but because I think Lucas had a better touch with these things back then, and because Harrison would be young enough so the plot could be more typical and not have to involve any life changes (like having a kid.)

I just had this thought:

What if there was an "Extra - Super - Ultra - Extended - Special Edition of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where Jackie Chan had choreographed all of Shortrounds fight scenes. They would add a new previously unreleased extended fight scene between Shortround and the Maharaj.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I AM FRANKENSTEIN!!!!!! LIVE CREATION!!!! LIVE!!!!! ALAS!!!!!!! ZEE THREAD LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm.....

the Idea about 2 films were shot between temple and crusade is cool

but of corse, nothing in this thread should be taken seriously, people may get their hopes a wee bit to high

anywho:

<big><big>Indiana Jones to ride again, 3 times</big></big>

Skywalker Ranch- George Lucas, Steven Speilburg and Harrison Ford have announced that they have begun work on the next indy film, with 2 more to come after it.

The films will be shot as Lord of the Rings was, they will work on 3 films over the next 3 years. Also, ILM has reached a breakthrough in digital annimation, they can now make a perfect digital version of any being. Now Short Round, Marcus Brody and even the past indy girls all come to life as Real as ever.

Indy 4 will be released late 2004, It will take place in the mid 40's in Germany, Japan, Greenland and South Africa. Indy 5 is shooting for an early 2006 release, the setting is mid-late 40's in England, Indonesia, France and a short segment in Brazil. 2007 bring's Indy's 6th and Final adventure to the screen, join indy in 1953 as he travels to Russia, Australia, Baja California and Egypt.

It is a known fact that Indy 4 will feature the Nazi's as the villians, the film will also have an apperance from Short Round, the size of his role is not yet known. Sallah will play a key role in the film, and Indy's Dad as well as Marcus will have small roles.

Indy 5 will be about rebuilding after the war, in fact, the film begins with the fall of Berlin, There is a Rumor that Neo-Nazi's may play as the villians in the plot. This adventure will feature a new cast, with little or no apperances from past indy films, there may also be a Twist in it....and although the movie closes as it usually does, there will be an unanswered question forcing a cliff hanger geting us ready for.........

Indy 6, Indy's Final adventure. With retruning charactors from all of Indy's past 5 films. Using Amasing Digital effects never used befor in a Movie, Charactors such as Marcus Brody will now be able to return in what seems to be a film full of references. It's official that Marion will be the main girl in this film (although there are several with major roles), and Indy and Marion get Married at the films end. Lucas has hinted that Either Russians or Neo-Nazis, or both, may be involved in this final adventure. Marion, Willie, Shorty, Sallah, Henry Sr., Marcus plus 3 others from the new films will all appear in this the final chapter of the Indy Saga.

along with this announcement, It was announced that LucasArts will make at least 10 Video Games with in the next 7 years. Dark Horse Comics have signed the rights to the comics, Coke is the official Soft Drink, everything is falling into place.......

SO get Ready, Christmas 2004, begins the Ultimate adventure, more action, more adventure, more everything.......It promises to be the biggest Burst of Excitement ever!

I know where I'll be come next year.............do you?

-Chris Writer
-USA Today

:D

Coming soon...

Paramount studios in conjunction with Lucasfilm present a new television series for new audiences.

The legend returns, the man with the hat isn't back, but his great grandson is...

Indiana Jones Jr's Junior Jones...

the year is 2012, and Indiana Jones the Third is huinting after all the relics his great grandfather left behind, literally.

The basic outline is, Indiana Jones fell senile not long after Indy IV. After seeking out items from various places, he would leave them in other places, ie Bars, restaurants, parking lots, shopping malls...

It's up to Indy the third to get them back--- Even though most of the building have since been torn down!!

This fall, get ready to go senile. Are you Jonesing for more Jones?!?!? Well this stuff will make you SICK!!!

Iniana Jones Jr's Junior Jones...

Saturdays at nine..

or ten...

or maybe Monday afternoon...

Randy_Flagg

thegreatimposter said:
Coming soon...

Paramount studios in conjunction with Lucasfilm present a new television series for new audiences.

The legend returns, the man with the hat isn't back, but his great grandson is...

Indiana Jones Jr's Junior Jones...

the year is 2012, and Indiana Jones the Third is huinting after all the relics his great grandfather left behind, literally.

The basic outline is, Indiana Jones fell senile not long after Indy IV. After seeking out items from various places, he would leave them in other places, ie Bars, restaurants, parking lots, shopping malls...

It's up to Indy the third to get them back--- Even though most of the building have since been torn down!!

This fall, get ready to go senile. Are you Jonesing for more Jones?!?!? Well this stuff will make you SICK!!!

Iniana Jones Jr's Junior Jones...

Saturdays at nine..

or ten...

or maybe Monday afternoon...

ummm, you would consider this sensational?
(well, it might be one of those "so bad I gotta watch it" kind of things... I suppose... possibly... or not.;))

Total 'B' TV shlock. But hey, even Relic Hunter makes me pause for a few moments while I'm channel surfing. It usually fills me with that "What the hell are the writers thinking." kind of a feeling.

Oh well...

[Edited by thegreatimposter on 07-15-2003 at 11:15 pm]

00Kevin

Indyfan
that would be interesting, not as good as an indy film

and alot of people are ganna think they will mess it up like they did with YIJC

tonight on IJJJJ:

-Indy 3 Meets Madonna!!! :D

j/k

I would still watch it regardless, but still, not half as sensational as a new indy film, indy would face a bunch of hoodlums and there wouldn't be as much good indy action

Canyon

It has to be said that 00Kevin has probaby come up with an absolute dream "sensational news" senario for all Indy fans and thegreatimposter's first idea was also terrific as well!

And as for me, I thought it would be really cool if they had made three films between Last Crusade and now!

Now that WOULD be fantastic! :D

Randy_Flagg

thegreatimposter said:
What would YOU consider to be sensational? (Ahem, not to repeat the title of the thread or anything...)

Sensational News: If there's an official announcement that your idea for "Indiana Jones Jr's Junior Jones" is just a joke! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Seriously though, I liked your first idea. And hey, thanks to my suggestion, you got this thread opened again! (I suggested changing the title to be less misleading) Thanks Finn!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Canyon said:
It has to be said that 00Kevin has probaby come up with an absolute dream "sensational news" senario for all Indy fans

thanx ;)

Randy_Flagg said:
Sensational News: If there's an official announcement that your idea for "Indiana Jones Jr's Junior Jones" is just a joke! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Randy_Flagg said:
thegreatimposter said:
What would YOU consider to be sensational? (Ahem, not to repeat the title of the thread or anything...)
Seriously though, I liked your first idea. And hey, thanks to my suggestion, you got this thread opened again! (I suggested changing the title to be less misleading) Thanks Finn!
In reality it was me, but that's okay.;)

I would have to say that the biggest news to me would be that they had already filmed the movie and that they were getting ready to film #5.

NileQT87

AT LEAST IF HE AND MARION DONT GET TOGETHER HERE...THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR THEM.

INDY AND MARION FOR INDY IV GOSHDARNIT!

Ladies and Gentleman, Sensational news:

George Lucas has contracted a dozen or so animated shorts based on the Indiana Jones series. They're being done as we speak by the various animators responsible for Animatrix and should be due out in time for the DVD release...

Yeah right...

But wouldn't it be great?!?!?

NileQT87

the indiana jones holiday special...

just leave out diahan caroll, bea arthur and chewies family--lumpy, malla and itchy...

haha! (actually i liked the sw holiday special better than the pt trilogy...that says a lot)

bob

I dont know about sensational but the most suprising news i could hear about Indy IV would be that Darabout had only been writing a redraft of the all rappin all adventurin Indiana Jackson (see archives for those who dont remember)

Indyologist

Hi guys. Dr. J, Indyologist here. Why do we listen to any rumors about Indy IV at ALL? I wouldn't trust anyone in the media who shares their idea, and I especially wouldn't trust Ford, Lucas or Speilburg when they talk about the 4th Indy film. Why?
1.) Since they created the film, they are going to be the ultimate manipulators. They are going to do or say anything to get everyone to see the movie- including lying. Remember the main idea for them is to make money! I mean, would you want to give away major parts of the film before it's time?
2.) Parts of the Big 3 said that R. Phoenix was going to be Indy's son ONE WEEK before Last Crusade came out, and we know how true that turned out to be.
I know it's fun to speculate and dream our dreams, but ultimately we are NOT going to know who is in the film or what it will be about until we actually see it. Soooo, bring Indy IV on and let the rumor mill put its money where its mouth is! :)

FAN

Now hold on everybody, were did this immformation come from? And how come it was not posted on the Raidernet? The latest news there makes no mention of this at all. Please verify your sources, I am going to do some checking around as well, see you later.