Full Throttle 2 for New Indy Game

Randy_Flagg

I was just reading Gamespot's preview of Full Throttle 2:

"...in this portion of the game we got to see how the action and adventure elements play together.

Immediately after a few cutscenes that showed Ben picking the fight, the game switched into action mode, where we had to beat up some of the gang members. You can use combo attacks by pressing the attack button in rhythm--the better you fight, the higher your mojo meter goes. As the mojo meter rises, you grow steadily more powerful and have the ability to execute more powerful moves. The surrounding environment is pretty interactive too; it's possible to pick up objects like chairs and smash them over people's heads, as we saw in the demo. It will also be possible to slide foes down a bar and utilize the environment in other creative ways aside from picking up objects and bludgeoning people with them.

Eventually we ended up stuck at a door, and at this point the adventure elements of the game kicked in and we had to solve a puzzle. The man guarding the door wouldn't let Ben in, even after we tried to imitate Perkins' voice, because the doorman could see through the peephole. The only solution was to bring Perkins to the door. After a bit of exploring, we found Perkins jamming it up with his band, thinking that the other gang members had taken care of Ben. After beating up the band members and Perkins, we dragged the gang leader's body to the door, and finally, Ben was able to fool the doorman into letting him in.

Is it just me, or does it sound like they could make a pretty cool Indy game using this engine? Bludgeoning people, sliding people down bars, solving puzzles...

Oh, and earlier in the preview, they talked about Bike Fighting... riding a motorcycle while fighting off other bikers. Again, sounds like Indy material to me.

[Edited by Randy_Flagg on 05-20-2003 at 09:01 am]

Quest

The engine used for Full Throttle is graphically retarded. The buffy engine is much more beautiful.

EvilNazi

like i already said, i wished they had made more sequels in the old adventure style. but now its too late, its gonna be 3d with a lot of action.

im still gonna get it and fighting is fun, altough i wouldnt have expected to do it with full throttle