So, did you find any secrets or do any interesting things in the game?

Pog Zig

I never found anything, but I know there has to be something hidden in the game. I mean come on, LucasArts for cryin' out loud! There's always a Max in their games.

Mr.Deflok

If you clock the game on the highest difficulty setting without saving you get to see the trailer for Indiana Jones 4.

"Wow! Really?"

No.

Nox

ET was made to get money, which means selling to the mainstream, which doesn't give a damn about in-jokes.

Indy also never tried to sell some fine leather jackets, another tradition. (come to think of it, neither Max nor fine leather jackets was in IM either, though)

EvilNazi

this was asked to the team who made ET, if there was something hidden.

one said only: "no ticket"

whatever that means

VP

Moderator Emeritus
indydude said:
I heard that too, what does it mean? where is it? I know it is something that has a reference to LC.

In Last Crusade, Indy says "No ticket", when he throws Colonel Vogel out from the Zeppelin. Indy says it because he had to tell the other people, why he threw him out. So he just told, that Vogel didn't have ticket to Zeppelin.

Canyon

Well, I STILL haven't completed the game (but am very near to finishing).

Haven't found anything besides artifacts but love performing my latest trick which consists of disarming weapons from enemies, especially from these guys!

lv7-32.jpg

Oh, and something else that happened, which I thought was cool. I was in Istanbul and just before you fight the three assassins with Mei Ying, I was attacked by one of the bad guys. He kept hacking away at me with his Turkish knife, so I took my revolver out and shot him! Just like in Raiders! The funny thing was I almost did it autmatically and didn't realise what I'd done until he keeled over and died!

indydude

VP said:
indydude said:
I heard that too, what does it mean? where is it? I know it is something that has a reference to LC.

In Last Crusade, Indy says "No ticket", when he throws Colonel Vogel out from the Zeppelin. Indy says it because he had to tell the other people, why he threw him out. So he just told, that Vogel didn't have ticket to Zeppelin.

I know that, but what does it mean in the game?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
indydude said:
VP said:
indydude said:

I know that, but what does it mean in the game?

I don't know, I haven't played it yet.

JerryKing

(come to think of it, neither Max nor fine leather jackets was in IM either, though)

Max was present as a window in, I believe, one of the South American levels. Sales of leather jackets were _not_ present, but the amazement of some of the Russian soldiers at the quality of Indy's jacket *was* present ("What a lovely leather jacket!", quoting from memory)

Nox

You're right about the Russians, I remember reading the the translations somewhere. You're probably right about Max, too, and I just can't remember.

"Doh!"

Attila the Professor

Staff member
VP said:
indydude said:

Well, maybe it's a reference to the zeppelin being used to travel from Prague to Istanbul, in the map cut-scene...that's my only thought.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Indy also sometimes says "Fortune and glory, here I come!", when he finds an artifact. And when he finds the broken sword in Prague, he says "This belongs in a museum.".

Fixer

He also says "I have a bad feeling about this" and "Sometimes I impress even myself" which are more Star Wars references, but still...

omega5ooo

Didn't there stand ANYTHING about secrets in the Prima Guide???

Though, one also said: I knew we were forgetiing something... I HOPE he was kidding...

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-01-2003 at 03:10 pm]