Converting screen shot into line art

PaulShip

If I wanted to capture a screen shot from a VHS movie (Raiders Of the Lost Ark) and then convert it into line art on my computer that I could print out, how would I go about that? Has anyone out there done this?

spohlso

I have. Well not line art, but a .bmp. I can't do it anymore because my current computer doesn't have any video inputs. My old computer had a video capture utility. I plugged my VCR into the input. Captured a small bit of movie on my computer as a Windows Media File. I could also do a screen capture as a .jpeg or a .bmp, which I could open in paint and print. (I suppose I could also open a .jpeg in a browser and just print that as well.

If you do have a way to get video on your computer, but no way to do a screen capture just play the video and pause at the moment you want. Then hit the 'Print Screen' button (it's past F12 next to 'Scroll Lock' on most computers.) Then open paint, and click on the 'screen select tool (the dotted line rectangle.) Then right click in the drawing area and click 'Paste.' The whole screen from when you hit 'Print Screen' will show up (chances are it will be too big to fit and the computer will ask you if you want to enlarge, so click 'Yes.')

Then just crop the image (it will have everything, your start up bar, the whole nine yards) until all that's left is the image you want. Then just click 'Print.'

IndyB007

I think Photoshop has a plug-in where you can change an imag into a b&w comic strip type of drawing..... I'm not sure though.. It's been years since I've fooled around with this though...