x-box connection

gavinpape

ther ewas something i forgot to ask before so i'l lask it now..
for those of you with x-boxes, do they connect to the tv through the arial or the scart..
i've got a playstation in the arial but thats ok cos the x-box is going to replace it.... but i also have a dvd player in my scart socket and my tv only has the one scart socket..
will i be ok or do i need to buy some extra stuff?

Kumba

gavinpape said:
ther ewas something i forgot to ask before so i'l lask it now..
for those of you with x-boxes, do they connect to the tv through the arial or the scart..
i've got a playstation in the arial but thats ok cos the x-box is going to replace it.... but i also have a dvd player in my scart socket and my tv only has the one scart socket..
will i be ok or do i need to buy some extra stuff?

What the bloody hell are you talking about? Scart socket? Arial? I have no idea what you're talking about, unless you're from England and that's what you call 'em there...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I'm from Finland, and I know what is the scart socket. But my TV doesn't have one ;).

Danie

You can get round the scart socket problem if you have video and audio inputs on your tv, just connect the white and yellow barrel plugs to the inputs. The red one is not actually needed.
I don't think that it can be connected through the ariel as you do with the PS. I'd try it at home tonight if I had not had my xbox stolen.

gavinpape

i do have those audio and video input output sockets but they're at the front of my TV set.. oh well never mind.. I just have a TV Video combi in my room... i'll just plug them in when i'm playing it..
sorry you had your xbox stolen.... that's a bastard

Kumba

Canyon's from England I think, but if your cords are anything like ours in the states, then the red and white cords are for your sound. If you only have the white one plugged in, you'll get mono sound. If you want stereo sound, you'll have to plug both the white and red cord in...

Tequileros

Do you mean the red white and yellow sockets??? Well I guess the x-box got it. Otherwise just ask the store.

Kumba

Yeah, i think so, if your systems are like ours in the states. You get a better picture and sound if you use A/V cables.