PS2 programing issues

IndyA

INDY WHIPS THROUGH THE FLOOR- in ET for ps2

WOW!
ok something that really suprised me in the ps2 verson
of ET was a major programing issue (bought the ps2 verson on the 27). Ok, im just playing all fine and cool right,on the dark dragon fortess level (i think its called that), And a bad dude walks up to me with the spear. Im on a regular level/floor outside of
the dark dragon fotress and it has that gateing around
the edge and all of that. I pull out the whip and go to pull away his spear and guess what happens! the whip digs into the floor and indy gets into his swinging posotion. And then he swings through the floor and i land on a platform right in front of the whip swing post. He was swinging through the floor! Through the FLOOR! And i look up and its completley solid! how did lucasarts mess up on that!
IndyA

P.S.
if you have not bought the game yet
dont let this discourage you it only happend
1 time in one spot to me. Tried to do it again
and it did not work. Other that that ive had
no issues with the game.

Arclam

Here is a player's review for you then.

The PS2 version does have some problems.

The ones I noticed that annyoy me is the sound skip (They don't want to fix some X-Box problems) and there are bugs in the cutscenes. (Screen goes brown and more of the music and voice skipping)

The sound affects and some of the background graphics could be better, but are not that bad.

Control issues are not bad either.

Gamespot made a big deal out of the framerate problem.
"The game goes from a slight slowdown to a near halt"
In reality it goes from perfect to a very slight slowdown.

The game is very fun. The fighting is great, and the game is fast paced, with the exeption of a few jumping sequences. The only major problems are the music skipping and the damn cutscene problems.(My biggest gripe)

With gamespot's system I give Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb a 7.9 out of 10.

Arclam

I have founde a cutscene that did not play at all, it showed parts of the landscape and flashed blue throughout it, there was no sound either. However I went back and got it to play the second time around.

I am enjoying the game. But I do not believe that this game was ready for release. I am unhappy that they could not fix problems that plagued the xbox and pc versions and that they delayed this game and it turned out to have more problems.

Arclam

Is anyone with the Ps2 version having sound problems. Music Skipping and loud reoccuring sounds in particular. I am having these problems but the reviews I have read don't mention this.

Kumba

Yeah, this is all really depressing. My computer isn't good enough to run ET, and I'm not going to buy a new PC anytime soon. I'm still debating on whether or not I should buy it on ps2, considering I can't rent it anywhere...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Re: INDY WHIPS THROUGH THE FLOOR- in ET for ps2

IndyA said:
WOW!
ok something that really suprised me in the ps2 verson
of ET was a major programing issue (bought the ps2 verson on the 27). Ok, im just playing all fine and cool right,on the dark dragon fortess level (i think its called that), And a bad dude walks up to me with the spear. Im on a regular level/floor outside of
the dark dragon fotress and it has that gateing around
the edge and all of that. I pull out the whip and go to pull away his spear and guess what happens! the whip digs into the floor and indy gets into his swinging posotion. And then he swings through the floor and i land on a platform right in front of the whip swing post. He was swinging through the floor! Through the FLOOR! And i look up and its completley solid! how did lucasarts mess up on that!
IndyA

I have the PC version, and it happened to me too. I was up there on the ledge, whipping a guy, and then Indy just swinged through the floor! I have a cordless keyboard, and sometimes it just locks up, so I have to connect it again by pressin the connect-buttons. Okay, so it locked up, and I tried everything, and so I spent all my revolver ammo, before I figured out how to continue. :(