Taking an unoficial opinion poll here

FAN

Hey guy's,
I am taking an un-official opinion poll here. Would you or would you noy like to try to invite either Harrison Ford, George Lucas, or Steven Speilberg to visit the Raven?
If so i'll try to see if I or someone else here can contact them, but please understand there is no garuntee that we can contact them or that they will take us up on our offer. Well it was just a thought, I think it would be cool if we could talk to one of them at the Raven. Well let your opinion's role. FAN

Adventurer

If either of them has the time and energy to do this, it would be unbelievable!
(What would happen if there would appear a username like "H.Ford" within the forum? And not a faked one? Chaos? Bandwidth overkill? This may work only in a controlled environment. Edit: just realized that visit does not nessecarily mean to post in The Raven... )

Attila the Professor

Staff member
That would be great. I'd particularly love it if Spielberg were to be here...I'll admit, he is one good director. Of course, I'd have to ask him about The Searchers... ;)

Patrick

um, wow you can't actually get them to do it though, can you? That would be cool... I can't imagine what I could ask them... Oh YEah... never mind I should stop writing what I'm currently thinking 'cause It looks sorta, I don't know, weird.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The SciFi channel, amoungst others, do live chats all the time with stars from tv shows. There is a moderator who takes all the questions and then picks the best ones to ask that person.

FAN

Hey guy's,
It look's like your all for it. I was thinking that I would contact one of the moderator's I have been in touch with before when I needed help, he seem's to know how to contact Lucasfilms, and then we could set a date and time for us to be on the board's, and of course would have to set upi a Speilberg/Lucas/Ford thread to descuss thing's, but hey it would be great. But like I said, I cant promise that they will show up, all I can say is that they might and they might not. But they have visited chat room's before, lot's of celebrity's do that, and who know's, may be they'l let something slip. But anyway I will contact the moderator and see, if it's a no go I'll post it a soon as I find out. FAN

That would be the most awesome thing in the world. (Of course, it could only be topped if I got to MEET them in PERSON...oh well!) I would SO love that if it was possible

bob

Of course it would be good......

But it just aint going to happen especially as this forum only has a membership of 1000 and an active membership of a few hundred they just wouldnt reach enough people

Patrick

Yeah... that's too bad. Though, If the non-active members hear about Steven Speilberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford,
They may come they might show up. And... if they don't though, Almost all of us can get to talk. And can you actually GET them on the raven?

FAN

Like I said guy's,
They may or may not take us up. I wrote to the moderator I was telling you about, but he hasent wrote back, I'm going to send him another email to see if he can contact them, oh and Bob be a little optimistic, stranger thing's have happened, FAN

FAN

I'm working on it guy's. Be patient,
we may not even be able to contact any of the big 3, and if we do they may ignore us completely. But if they do visit, if this thread ( Indiana IV that is ) It will be a historical moment in the history of the Raven.

wolfgang

FAN said:
I'm working on it guy's. Be patient,
we may not even be able to contact any of the big 3, and if we do they may ignore us completely. But if they do visit, if this thread ( Indiana IV that is ) It will be a historical moment in the history of the Raven.

YOU BET!!!! I'm being very optimistic here!Do your best FAN!

Patrick

NO! WRITE ANOTHER ONE ANOTHER ONE! NOW!NOW!NOW! ANOTHER ONE ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!NOW!NOW!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I'm just kidding. But are you kidding? It seems this is way too good to true. Will LucasFilm respond cause I don't think they would being a worldwide corperation that probably gets more emails and letters and faxes and you get the idea, That they wouldn't answer, Just how LucasArts won't respond if you forward anything to them. Wow I almost had my whole message in brackets without any attempt to end them. Um I'll do that NOW) Okay I got to stop typing as I think...
Damn.Not again (are we allowed to say that I'll type it again...with stars to censore it)
what why am I writing this down? This is too weird...I'm gonna send it anyways though...unchanged
because I'm too tired. You guys will probably think I'm weird and I'll probably lose my membership thingy for my
jokes not being funny or I'm CRAZY I don't know... It's like what I'm thinking...exactly what's going on in my head. It's like...YEah....

P.S. why do write guys "guy's" Is it short form for something?

FAN

Hey guy's,
my friend finally wrote back, I just opened the email minutes ago. He said "currently he didn't think it's possible to invite them to the Raven, but never say never."
Now here's the good news " From the moment I get in touch with someone who might be able to help us, I will ask about it. " He also mention's that it may take some time to speak to such a person, so we shouldent get our hopes up. Oh and Patrick when I say guy's I am talking to all the Ravenner's, I use guy's bi-sexiualy usiauly, unless I
specifically say other wise. Well I think that this is good news, in fact it's even better then I thought it would be, we still have plenty of hope. Do you guy's want me to try anything else? FAN

P.S. And Wolfgang, it's nice to hear from you again, were have you been? FAN

Patrick

Oh so when I say guys I'm only refering to "guys" and not girls? I didn't know that... basically cause I haven't seen someone write that. Cool. Awww man...daww I'm disapointed in you.

Patrick

Really. Here I'll give you one of these thingies ;( ( Don't know how to put those smily things up so ;( ;( ;( )

wolfgang

FAN said:
Hey guy's,
my friend finally wrote back, I just opened the email minutes ago. He said "currently he didn't think it's possible to invite them to the Raven, but never say never."
Now here's the good news " From the moment I get in touch with someone who might be able to help us, I will ask about it. " He also mention's that it may take some time to speak to such a person, so we shouldent get our hopes up. Oh and Patrick when I say guy's I am talking to all the Ravenner's, I use guy's bi-sexiualy usiauly, unless I
specifically say other wise. Well I think that this is good news, in fact it's even better then I thought it would be, we still have plenty of hope. Do you guy's want me to try anything else? FAN

P.S. And Wolfgang, it's nice to hear from you again, were have you been? FAN

I went to a hotel for the weeken, but now, like Arnold Swartzeneger, Im back! By the way, good job! I wouldn't've gone half as far as you did! But then again, look at me. By teh way Patrick, yo know how to do smilies, all you have to do is click on smilies, which is above in brown color. There are a few cool ones...all of them actually, but only some i use often.