Natalie Portman Indy's Daughter??

Indyologist

I just read in a thread under Fanwork that Natalie Portman may play Indy's daughter in IJ4. Does anyone have any info. on this? It's the first I've heard of it.

Finn

Staff member
This is an <i>ancient</i> rumor. And the stress is on the word <i>rumor</i>. ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
I would like to see a remake of Raiders of The Lost Ark with some minor changes such as a new artifact.

Ren, that doesn't sound at all like you, I must say. I mean, I know you like Raiders, but to go so far as to say remake...and besides, it wouldn't really be Raiders without the meaning the Ark carries, would it?

Webley

Renderking Fisk said:
I would like to see a remake of Raiders of The Lost Ark with some minor changes such as a new artifact.

In the remake of Raiders how about Natalie Portman playing the role of Indiana Jones.

Webley

Renderking Fisk said:
Raiders of the Maltese Falcon staring Natalie Portman as Indiana Jones.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Webley said:
Renderking Fisk said:
Raiders of the Maltese Falcon staring Natalie Portman as Indiana Jones.

Man, I love The Maltese Falcon too...I just don't want to see it ruined by bringing Indiana Jones into it. Leave it to Mr. Spade.

intergamer

Son of Jones could work. End of story. Its certainly worth discussing. Do I think it will work? Not personally. But I'd definitely like to see someone try to make it work - just to get more Jones material to watch.

[Edited by intergamer on 01-25-2004 at 05:30 pm]

Joe Brody

Keira Knightly

I agree she's fine . . . but I'd go with Claire Danes as a poor man's Knightly, plus Danes is a touch more youthful. Watching her in 'The Hours' it seems that she's got some spunk.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was surprised by Danes in T-3, I had always thought of her as a "bubbley" actress, boy was I wrong.

Joe Brody

Wow. Thanks for setting me straight Aaron.

This is what I was thinking:

In 'The Hours' Danes has short hair and has the whole college-student thing going on -- versus Knightly in Pirates who struck me as being older because of her long hair and the long dresses she wore for much of the movie. I flat out forgot about Danes in T3.

Danes likely doesn't have the comic talent that Knightly had but Danes has a certain toughness and honest air about her that I like. Does Danes have any appeal?

Randy_Flagg

Joe Brody said:
Does Danes have any appeal?

I like Danes a lot (confession-- I had a bit of a crush on her many years back), but I still don't know if I like the idea of Indy having a kid in this movie. Though, if he does have one, at least Danes is old enough so we could avoid the "cute" factor that I fear so much whenever a "kid" is introduced in a movie. I'd definitely prefer her over Portman.

B-man

She exists...

Acording to TIE.com she exists, so what's her name? I'm dying to have these questions answered.

Joe Brody

Maybe we won't see Indy with a daughter -- but a daughter-like companion who has a definite chemistry (and perhaps just a touch of tension?) with Indy -- but no hooking-up.

For me, the Indiana Jones formula (unlike a James Bond film) doesn't require Indy having to hook up (or coming close to it as in ToD). Given the need to have an attractive female co-star to help sell tickets, I could see a story involving a compelling younger female who is not a daughter, an archeologist, or baggage. If so, the field of potential co-stars really opens up. I still like Danes because of her age and look. I'm a fan of Natalie Portman (and her sacred midriff) but I think she's almost too good looking for an IJ flic -- and I don't like her in action sequences and I don't like the way she reads her lines. As for Knightly, I also think she's almost too good looking -- but she can do action and comedy. However, will shooting the sequel to Pirates keep her out of the running? Who else is good and young -- and can do action and comedy?

[I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that would accept Danes.]

[Edited by Joe Brody on 01-28-2004 at 08:39 am]