Jackie Chan is Short Round

intergamer

I was watching the trailer for Around the World in 80 Days (which, by the way, looks pretty decent), and I started a thinking. And as in uffish thought I stood, it hit me that JACKIE CHAN SHOULD PLAY SHORT ROUND IN INDY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finn

Staff member
Sure, and make Chan steal whole movie. I think Chan films are cool, but I don't want to see that stuff in an Indy movie...

philhos

It could work and could use him as Indy's apprentice - which is an idea that's thrown around alot.

As long as they don't focus on martial arts combat and Jackie Chan is not the fight choreographer, then this could really work and Jackie is really funny.

monkey

Jackie Chan is in fantastic condition for a man his age, but it would still be way to far of a stretch to have him play Short Round.

If Indy IV takes place in the fifties then SR would be no older than 30 at the most. I don't think it would work.

Jackie Chan could well play Short Round in the 60's or something like that, .....but why? IJ would be an old man.

Webley

I think Ke Huy Quan should play Short Round in Jones4 he looks more like Short Round than Chan.

intergamer

All this may be true, but jackie chan is JACKIE CHAN!! lol, in watching ke quan in the special features he doesn't look right for the part to me anymore. Maybe Jackie could play short round's long lost cousin tall square?

tall square

*leaps onto a table saw, lands in handstand*
*does double backflip over six masked goons while smacking them in the head with sheets of plywood*
*lands on one hand on table with exceedingly large chainsaw*
*pivots on hand, does 180 degree twist*
*kicks intergamer in face*

Oh man, that felt good.

Indyologist

Chan as Short Round? Hmmm, I dunno. I think Key Huy Kwan's English when he was thirteen was much better than his. :rolleyes: