ET Secret???

dalilovr

Hi ya'll! While recently playing Emperor's Tomb, I noticed something odd about the level known as "The Trial of Unseen Peril" (or something like that). After kicking the Triad grunts over the waterfall, nearly being crushed by the giant invisible wall-closey things, impaled by the spikes, AND making it over the endless pit, I was about to pull the lever to turn off the traps when I noticed a stairway going to almost the bottom. Following it for a while, I jumped to a small platform, and noticed Indy looking at something. It appeared to be one of those whip-things that change on every level (Ceylon = Alligator, Prague = Gargoyle, etc.) After whiping it, Indy didn't land on something but fell down the chasm to his death. Is it just there to distract you, or what? Any info would be appreciated.

Dali Dude

Finn

Staff member
How'd you cross the pit, btw? It sounds awfully like you found some alternate way to get over it and thus passed the way the developers meant it was to done... because that beam you described, it sounds awfully like the one you have to swing to reach the switch...

Tennessee R

Yes, Finn, I think he made it across narrowly a new way.

dalilovr,
"Welcome to the Raven, where paths cross" (C) 00Kevin
and did you jump down, then somehow get all the way across the pit, then, walk on a platform almost on the opposite side, and then whip-swing across to a little platform, then, climb up about two flights of stairs, then you are at the lever? Thats what usually happent

dalilovr

D'oh! I just realised: there are TWO ways to make it across. Just jumping forward, or going down, whipping, and then jumping to acess the stairway. Duh. o_O

Coldfyre

Dalilovr, the same thing happened to me the first time I played through. I went the alternate way, then explored around and wondered, "What's all this stuff here for?" when I found the normal method.