• The Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Man with No Name

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Terminator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bungle92

I thought this would be a fun topic to post. Like, what is the most consistent trilogy where are all the films are on par with each other.

Last edited:

bungle92

Well, thanks but it's too late for me to move it to the proper forums.

Boy, do I feel like an idiot now.

Last edited:

Katarn07

A mod will move it. No harm, no foul ;)

Definately Star Wars. Sorry. I love Indy second and then the Matrix. I just rewatched Revolutions for the second time last week and it sure is better the second time through :)

After those, I'd say the prequel SW trilogy (hey, Episode III is going to be spectacular! And Attack of the Clones would have been as good as the originals if GL didn't screw up with that corny love story. ESB's was gold).

After that, I'd say LotR but I've yet to see RotK. I suppose I should get that soon, huh? :p

bungle92

My top five in terms of consistency:

- Man W/ No Name
- Lord o/the Rings
- Star Wars/ Indy (tie)
- Back to the Future
- Godfather (I still like part 3 but it could have been a little better if not made at all)

I should give the two Matrix sequels another chance, I havent seen them since they were released in theatres.

Last edited:

Katarn07

bungle92 said:
I should give the two Matrix sequels another chance, I havent seen them since they were released in theatres.

I can understand Revolutions. To tell the truth I hated the movie when I first saw it but now I think it's amazing. I do think that one thing was done just for the sake of doing it. Yes, it was a death. No, it did not take place inside the Matrix. Yes, you know who I'm talking about (we need spoiler tags!) Also, the directors could have written it just a tad different for more time to be spent in the Matrix. The end fight was spectacular but the gun fight near the beginning when they were on their way to see the Frenchman was.... well, the worst Matrix fight ever. :p

Junior Jones

I'm torn. I voted for Lord of the Rings, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I really liked LOTR, but I didn't "love" them enough to buy any of them. (I have a friend who bought them all, so I have seen the extended versions.)

Of the choices offered, the only trilogy I have in my video collection is Indiana Jones. I guess thats a good indication.

Luckylighter

I was really torn...

...but I went with Star Wars, and here's why:

The Godfather had that really crappy final act with Sofia Coppola--who turned out to actually be a very talented director (and not a bad looking dame at that ;)).

Die Hard was great for what it was, but there was really no flow to the story, they were more like installments rather than chapters--even though I love the last one.

Indiana Jones is without a doubt my favorite Action / Adventure trilogy, but the stories aren't tied together by one bigger storyline like Star Wars or LOTR. It kind of falls into that Die Hard category, where each installment is its own seperate entity, and not part of a bigger picture / storyline.

The No Name trilogy...definitely the best Western trilogy, but as far as consistency, well I'm more of a "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" fan, although "Fistful" is really good in its own right.

Evil Dead...who doesn't love Evil Dead? Bruce Campbell is awesome, but as far as it being the best? The best implies real character development, mythic themes, epic battles...

...Which is why I almost went with LOTR, but being that I'm old school and grew up with Star Wars, I had to go with sentimental favorite.

LASTCRUSADER

I had to go with the Jones trilogy. This is my favoriate trilogy of all time for several reasons. If we were to remove the Indiana Jones films as an option it would be a tough call for me between Star Wars & Lord of the Rings.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Sergio Leone certainly deserves this honor. This was a triliogy, before there were "trilogies" per se. The Man with no Name, is not the same person in each film, so you can never really know him, but he is familiar enough that you know what to expect.

It also paved the way for so many other good films. It definately deserves the honor.

bungle92

I should have included some more trilogies such as: Mad Max, Night of the Living Dead, or even Jurassic Park but I had to cut it down to only 10 choices and I felt these would be the most well known choices.

I could have put up Hannibal Lector as well but then there's the debate between Manhunter and Red Dragon.

Anybody here see the Animatrix shorts that supposedly fill in the blanks for some of the story of the Matrix sequels? I feel compelled to check them out as maybe I could appreciate Reloaded and Revolutions more.

Last edited:
S

skywlkrinc

I thought the Matrix sequels were unneccesary and ultimately made me like the first film less. They should have stuck with one film.

Luke

Edit: I should add that I voted for the Original Star Wars Trilogy...this also excludes the Special Edition Trilogy. Lucas should have left perfection alone. (Han Solo shoots first!!)

Indy is my second favorite, followed by Back to the Future.

Katarn07

I guess it was a good thing that I saw all three Matrix movies a month apart from each other or else I might not like the 2nd two parts :)

joe M blondie

The man with no name of course, with Indy a close second. I wonder if anyone notices my screen name, and if they looked at my profile?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Man with No Name series gets my vote too...or rather, the "Dollars" trilogy, since he does have a name in each one...but hey! Morricone is incredible.

Though, I must admit that Sergio's best work is really Once Upon a Time in the West.