Young Indy Movie

LaoChe

Forget Tintin (did I say that?)

I think Spielberg should maybe look at a Young Indy movie. No replacing Harrison Ford, instead continue the legacy that River left.

I'd love to see it, but I don't want 'powder' to be Indy. I want someone new. Someone a little more Harrison Fordy!

Lon

Since Young Indy was a TV series I doubt we will see a feature film of that concept.

Personally I'd rather see an animated series of Indiana Jones as an adult.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Cool idea. Animated series.. I'd like that.
Well? that is.. if it's not drawn the way those cartoons lately are drawn? Quality is hard to come by these days.

I wouldn't mind a Young Indy movie as long as it's a bit more like the 3 Indy movies, then the Young Indy series.
Less education, more adventure. :)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I would also like an Indy (adult) animated series. Of course that's if they make him normally proportioned unlike many other animated series.

LaoChe

I think the Ben Caldwell (Clone Wars) character designs are great! But like everything, it would all depend on story story story.

Thanks to the Animatrix, studios are cranking out anime related to upcoming film releases - Van Helsing, Riddick, and yes, Clone Wars. So it's not totally inconceivable that it could happen.

But once again, story.

Oh yeah, and to keep this on topic, maybe a Young Indy animated series!!!!

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I think the art is important as well.
The Clone Wars animated series haven?t arrived yet in the Netherlands. But I've seen many pictures of them and must say that I don't like that the way they're drawn. If there will ever be an animated series of Indy; I hope they'll put a bit more effort into the art. Although the story is indeed the most important thing.

LaoChe

Hey Ayrun,

I thought the same thing when I saw stills. But wait untill you see the animation, it works, and it works well...

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I hope you are right. :)
But still? I have the feeling that back in the day's when I was growing up (the '80 and early '90), they paid far more attention to the art in animated series.
Nevertheless, I hope they'll one day make an animated series of Indy.

Junior Jones

Ayrun said:
I hope they'll put a bit more effort into the art.

They put a lot of effort into the art. The stylized designs were used on purpose. Some people like that style and some don't.

The truth is that the more realistic your drawings are, the more difficult it is to make them move realistically and the worse they look as a result.

Besides, if they wanted Clone Wars to look real, they could have used the CGI models from the movies. But that wasn't the intention.

Junior Jones

But it seems we're getting off topic.

I, for one, would love to see a Young Indy movie. It should show his college years in Chicago under the tutelage of Professor Ravenwood and the events that took place there...

Finn

Staff member
...and perhaps played by someone who hasn't worn the fedora yet. If it was SPF (though he wouldn't be bad either), it would be just another extra long YIJC episode... unless they really worked with the plot this time.

As I said in the Indy 4 table, we've experienced the 1930's Indy with Harrison Ford. Maybe it would be time to go back a decade and a see a completely new face in another trilogy. (Yeah... "prequels", but Lucas would be no more than a producer this time).

Pan Rado

Mock-ups

I take it you guys heard about this: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040524b.php

Being inspired by above piece of news i decided to create a quick, ugly mock-up:
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/youngindy/test_jackson.jpg *(DISABLED)*

And here's one of even more hideous quality i did mainly because of my admiration for Jake Gyllenhaal, and not necessarily because i think he'd made a good Indy (you never know though):
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/youngindy/test_gyllenhaal.jpg *(DISABLED)*

The model is an unknown fan, whose photo i found on the internet and who shall remained unnamed. If he's actually reading it, and wants me take these mock-ups down, please let me know.

I hope these pictures are actually viewable. If you'd care to share your thoughts on the subject, i'd be honored.

EDIT:
Apparently, they are not (hence the *DISABLED* tag). Let's give a big hand to Angelfire.

EDIT:
And with that, let me invite you to:
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/youngindy/
Just don't click on the pictures. Hey, it's my first webpage ever!

Last edited:

LaoChe

Y'know, I have to admit, after seeing those mock ups, I think Joshua Jackson would make a fantastic young Indy.

I never woulda thought, but he definately fits the mould...

Pan Rado

Same here, I thought Joshua doesn't look like Indy at all. I was surprised how good he looks in fedora.

Strider, none of them is clean shaven, I'm just pretty bad at photo manipulation, and those mock-ups are smaller than the originals, thus with less detail. Not to mention that artsy filter i used on Gyllenhaal. Anyway, here are the base images:
http://membres.lycos.fr/rossnm/josh_teen2002b.jpg (Jackson)
http://www.jessicaseigel.com/images/jake.jpg (Gyllenhaal)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A rumor last year involved Disney looking into quarantine-proof digital effects, perhaps again using Young Indy as a guinea pig.
"The goal is to test the waters of creating computer animated films indistinguishable from live action, thus bypassing the need for actors (and actor salaries), as well as the need for proximity. According to one source, the unnamed film is a movie about young Indiana Jones, though no other person has been able to corroborate the subject matter."

Forget Tintin (did I say that?)

I think Spielberg should maybe look at a Young Indy movie. No replacing Harrison Ford, instead continue the legacy that River left.

I'd love to see it, but I don't want 'powder' to be Indy. I want someone new. Someone a little more Harrison Fordy!
I don't think they would make something like that

Face_Melt

I would rather a rebooted Young Indy series for Disney+ rather than a movie. Harrison Ford in the pilot episode would be awesome. 5 solid seasons would be great. They could break it down like this:

Season 1: Childhood
Season 2: Teenage/High School
Season 3: World War 1
Season 4: College, Abner Ravenwood, Marion etc.
Season 5: Early archeology adventures, Meets Belloq.

IndianaBones

I don’t know if this is true or not but I found this on r/Leaksandrumors. Someone who works in marketing is talking about a 1919 Jones, as well as when the marketing for the film starts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeaksAndRumors/comments/xm1ov4
Wether it’s real or not, I found it a fun to read as we wait for anything to happen. Nothing too crazy but who knows. The individual talks about marketing time in response to one of the threads comments