How long are you willing to wait?

AntiJones

It has been more than 23 years since Raiders of the Lost Ark and 15 years since Last Crusade. Those of you who were still in High School while first watching the film has now probably become parents or for some, grandparents. However, the buzz and excitement for these Indy films has not a bit worn off (as you can see the number of people coming to this message board). If George Lucas, Spielberg and Harrison Ford decided to postpone until the perfect script come along, say the year 2010, 2015 or 2020. Will you wait that long? If yes, why?

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, sure I'll wait.
But if they'd make a fourth? I hope they make it as soon as possible. Not because I have no patience - I have a lot of patience ? but because of HF's age.
There's going to be a certain point where he's not going to be able to do the part just because he's too old for it.

Finn; AntiJones is referring to a future Indy-film with HF involved? and how long you'd wait for that? Not about future Indy-films in general (with other leading actors), as Monkey suggested is his thread.
Or did I get something wrong here?

Urmel

So as I do. I do have the patience, but I also think the problem is the age of Harrison Ford. The sooner the better.

What a pity that they did not take the script of the videogame "Fate of Atlantis". But this is another topic, which is also discussed in other threads.

Urmel

Renderking Fisk said:
I don't have to wait. It will happen or not, one way or another. I'm enjoying life every day with my chin up and my fedora on while doing my own thing.

Everyone else should be doing the same.

I have to admit you!
That is a good view of life.
You can't wait your whole life that something happens. You should live your life and make the best of it. I would compare the films with sex. It makes fun, but it is not the most important thing in the world. It is just something around life. So if Indy IV doesn't come it is a pity, but life goes on.

Last edited:

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Renderking Fisk said:
I don't have to wait. It will happen or not, one way or another. I'm enjoying life every day with my chin up and my fedora on while doing my own thing.

Ah, man.. you always have to watch what you're saying or else Fisk will show up and make one of his typical comments?
No, I'm not waiting.. as in actively waiting. I can't even imagine someone doing that? That be sick.
I'm sure everyone on this board has a live outside the raven.
And even if they don't; I don't think there's all that much anyone can do about it.
Preaching doesn?t help when people aren't willing to be converted.

Finn

Staff member
Ayrun said:
Finn; AntiJones is referring to a future Indy-film with HF involved? and how long you'd wait for that? Not about future Indy-films in general (with other leading actors), as Monkey suggested is his thread.
Or did I get something wrong here?
I just wanted to show our pessimistic friend here that Ford does not have to be the only star for us to follow. And thanks to that, Indiana Jones can have way more adventures ahead of him.

Raffey

AntiJones said:
It has been more than 23 years since Raiders of the Lost Ark and 15 years since Last Crusade. Those of you who were still in High School while first watching the film has now probably become parents or for some, grandparents. However, the buzz and excitement for these Indy films has not a bit worn off (as you can see the number of people coming to this message board). If George Lucas, Spielberg and Harrison Ford decided to postpone until the perfect script come along, say the year 2010, 2015 or 2020. Will you wait that long? If yes, why?

Sure I'll wait. I'm a fan but don't obsess over whether or not the next film will be made in what I constitute as my ideal timeframe.

Indyologist

Probably another 3 years or so. After that, I'll just assume Indy 4 isn't going to happen. I'll be disappointed, but I can deal with it.

Henry Jones Sr

I'm quite patient in waiting for movies to come. I'm excited about the next installment of my favorite series but I have patience in waiting for the creators to do their thing. I'll wait as long as it takes them to produce and release the film.

Indyologist

Renderking Fisk said:

Preach it, Indy brutha!!!

I

Indy_Jones88

temple of john said:
As long as i'm alive...I guess I don't have a choice. I'll watch it when they make it. If they make it.

Oh they will make it, or me and George Lucas are goig to have a little talk. My fist in his face. Just Kiddin.