Teeny Weeny Cut in Temple of Doom

Indyologist

When I first watched my DVD of Temple, I noticed a minor cut. It happens when Indy is examining that grotesque statue in the jungle just before Indy and Co. get to Pankot Palace. In the VHS version, Indy gently pulls down some twigs on the statue, revealing that it has a necklace of pierced human thumbs. This little snippet is deleted on the DVD. I don't know why. Has anyone else noticed this?

Luckylighter

Are you sure, Indyologist? I have that snippet in my DVD copy. I wonder if maybe there is some factory defect or mishap in your copy that would have that cut out.

Weird.

grumpus

ive got the thumbs, and the widescreen, so ive never seen the full screen, but i dont see why that would make a difference, well if the thumbs were on the side of the screen, but its in the middle

Indy Canuck

Just grasping at straws here. In the FS of LC, uring the desert sequences, there are certain shots I've noticed that are ECUS, while in WS, they're just all in the same scene. Sad that I know so much about simple five-second shots, but its what happens when you've seen the fs versions as often as I have. Which in itself is either admirable or pathetic....;)