Batman Begins

intergamer

The teaser trailer for Batman Begins is out. I like it, its darker than the other recent optimistic comic book movies. And its got to be better than Catwoman. It looks like Warner is also going to make an 'origins story' for Superman, and then make a Batman vs. Superman movie.

I honestly don't like the new (old?) batmobile though. And I read somewhere that Robin is a girl (they're changing the series around a little, making it more noirish or something). At least that would get rid of the homosexual overtones.

Direct Link:

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batmanbegins/teaser/teaser_hi_a.mov

Raffey

Making Robin a girl would be a mistake imho. Just leave the characer out of it completely.

I do like the trailer...

Deadlock

Actually, Robin WAS a girl in "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns." This one was set in the future where Bruce is a fifty-something old man who puts on the suit again after years of being MIA. In this one, a teenage girl decides to become Robin. Oh yeah, and the Batmobile is a tank. Literally.

I heard that Batman Begins is supposed to be more based on "Batman: Year One". (Which was written by the same author.) Robin isn't in this book at all. No, Gordon (not Commissioner yet) is the other main good guy in that book. "Batman and Gordon" was a crappy title, though. :)

Webley

If you like Batman movies then I got 2 comeing attractions you got to see the first one is called Grayson. Its about Dick Grayson AKA the boy wonder and he is avenge the death of Batman.

The second trailer is called World's Finest this one is the coolest I think.
Its got Superman and Batman.

You can get the two trailers hear
http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/grayson/

and hear
http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/worldsfinest/

It took me like 6 hours to get just one but it was worth it!![/quote]

QueZTone

hmm im really not sure about Batman Begins....95% of the trailer felt not batman-ish at all...almost amateur made..

blur

Deadlock said:
Actually, Robin WAS a girl in "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns." This one was set in the future where Bruce is a fifty-something old man who puts on the suit again after years of being MIA. In this one, a teenage girl decides to become Robin. Oh yeah, and the Batmobile is a tank. Literally.

I loved that graphic novel...

Deadlock

I'm hopeful that Batman Begins can breath life back into back into Batman on the big screen. (And atone for the previous movies' return to the 60's campy crapola.)

Marvel has done a pretty good job bringing their comic book characters to the screen in a way that appeals both to long-time fans and to uninitiated. I just don't think DC has done as good a job (since Superman). I thought the first Batman was okay, but only because of Jack Nicholson. They totally biffed Batman. Batman is a genius mentally, in peak physical form, and relies on stealth, martial arts, and agility to get the job done (not on body armor and gadgets). Anybody get that impression from Michael Keaton??? 'Nuf said. After seeing him in action in Equilibrium, I think Christian Bale can handle being Batman.

Pale Horse

Staff member
To be honest, when I viewed the trailer, and heard Christian Bale, I was reminded of American Psycho...and got mildly creeped out.

Okay, who else is not pleased with the look of the Batmobile? It looks nothing like any concept I've seen of the Batmobile aside from The Dark Knight Returns (and my only point of reference on that is the short animated translation on The New Batman/Superman Adventures). Now, if they're going for that, then I can sort of accept it, but it looks more like a monster truck than a tank. I can only hope they handle it in a way so that it will work, but so far...I'm not impressed. Wait, perhaps this is sort of a prototype Batmobile? Considering this is to take place in his early days, maybe they are using this as what he has to work with as he is just starting out. If this is the case, then it gives me some hope. Thoughts?

Deadlock

I can't say as I'm wild about the Batmobile either. In the early days (Batman: Year One) he didn't even HAVE a Batmobile. I was kinda hoping that they would go in this direction for the movie. Once again, Batman should be about the man himself, and not the gadgets.

In the comics, the Batmobile has always been more sports-car-based. Maybe this is the Batmobile for the SUV generation???

QueZTone

WOW i just checked out that Grayson trailer and I must say, im more anticipating that movie than the Batman Begins movie! :D It's AWESOME!!!

Deadlock

Renderking Fisk said:
Why does Batman have to have a car, anyway? Know how hard it is to get around the city. You might as well walk.

EXACTLY. Batman usually only uses the car to get into Gotham City (because Wayne Manor is outside of the city). The rest of the time it's on-foot, rooftop to rooftop stuff.

Raffey

It a great question and pretty valid.

Even though the Batmobile is an automotive icon, bats don't drive. If Batman wanted to remain in theme he'd have a plane or a copter that he would be famous for...not a car.

I still say Robin being a girl is an aweful idea but I do believe that the girl Robin in the Dark Knight Returns series is like the 4 or 5th one.

Batman is an old man and few of the other Robins had died....

Johan

From the teaser it looks to be true to the comics...more dark.
Batman it suppose to rage revenge and be a presents that scares the crap out of any bad guys that get in his way not mister goody too shoes spidermans going to rescue you stuff.
I'm really looking forward to it!