Who will make the hat?

I hav heard rumored that the hat maker for the upcomming IJ film has beenselected and this that or oter hat compny has been choosen. That was last winter. I called to verify this information and was told the costume committee had not even bee choosen must less the hat maker and that they would not be choosen till this past orthen upcomming spring or later. They passed me on to some production company that would be in charge of costuming when it was applicable and the gal says the same story but to call back. That was months ago and I did not follow up on it.

Does any one here have any knowledge or suspisions or thoughts on the matter?

Does any one care what the next hat looks like or is made of ? Iconsidered offering them a few hats as a advertising thing but reconsidered as we are not geared to handle a lot more than we do already.

Steve

You know, I was reading in Hat Talk that Stetson worked out the deal with Lucas Films prior to the filming of the second film, to have the license to sell the Indy hat. What many may not know, is the Indy films was a huge boom to the hat industry back at that time. The only other hat that ever outsold the Indy fedora was the Open Road, but, that hat was available for sale for years and years and had the time factor on its side. Well, once the second film hit the theaters, Stetson could not keep up with the demand. They literally could not make enough of the hats. The biggest hat company in the US, could not fill the demand. Astounding. So, if and when, the next films comes out, if they do not use the "official hat" as the aftermarket hat, you will see another boom. Some hatter will get rich. Fedora

blur

gladhatter said:
Does any one care what the next hat looks like or is made of ?

Well, in the former, I imagine it will look along the same lines as the original three movies, to ensure continuity with the past films, in addition to future events (such as the Ford cameo in the YIJC).

In the latter, I couldn't care less what it is made of. They will undoubtedly choose something tough that looks good on screen. Whether it "feels" nice or was easy to bash, or any one of 1001 other things that hat people obsess about, are irrelevant as we are not physically touching it when we are watching a movie.