Myth monsters, (The Chupacabra)

Embark

I thought I would bring up the subject of myths. These interest me greatly, thought I would get other people's ideas'.
Have any of you heard of the Chupacabra? This thing sounds really evil. 2 - 3ft tall, spikes on head and sharp death and claws. It is said to suck the Blood of goats, chickens, dogs, and other stuff. It stands up right on 2 feet. It also has wings, and many eye witnesses said to have seen this creature. Those who have seen them, (or it) relate it to a Gargoyle. Its mainly been spotted in South America. What do you guys think? Real or fake?

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I've heard about it.
I think all of those so called 'mythical' creatures/ monsters stories are interesting.
But if these creatures are for real?
Who knows.
It's like those UFO stories: Many people claim to have seen them, but there's no real evidence to back their stories up.
Only in this case there really should be a way to scan the entire area for such a creature.. I mean; how is it all of those 'mythical' creatures can keep on hiding with the technology we have today?
And yet people still claim they've seen such creatures.
Weird...
Interesting, but weird.
:)

whipem

If you ask Jackie Chan, the chupacabra is real... ;)
I actually think I did see a UFO. Coming home from football practice, I saw a circular object glowing green, with some kind of prong on it. A building then blocked my view, and I lost sight of it. I don't know what it was, but by UFO, I don't mean extraterrestrial. It might have been a jet caught from an odd angle. I have no idea.

Finn

Staff member
It was an UFO... after all, the letters mean no more but "Unidentified Flying Object".

You didn't get to know what it was, so it <i>was</i> an UFO. ;)

whipem

Finn said:
It was an UFO... after all, the letters mean no more but "Unidentified Flying Object".

You didn't get to know what it was, so it <i>was</i> an UFO. ;)
I know that, but I was clarifying it because most people seem to think that all UFOs are alien spacecraft, and I didn't want to mix anyone up.

Indyologist

From ghoststudy.com's paranormal gallery:

Suspected Chupacabra chasing a deer!
Thomas writes, "I have been visiting your website for a while now and I think that ghosts do exist. Anyway I was searching out one of my favorites paranormal websites and I saw an article about a monster caught on film. It seems to be chasing a deer. This website is all in Spanish, so if you can read Spanish you can check it out. They think that it is a Chupacabra, but it also seems like a demon. Anyway, check out the picture and tell me what do you think."

chupacabra01.jpg

Close-up
chupacabra02.jpg

Creepy, eh? Take it with a grain of salt, though, people. Don't forget about the wonders that Photoshop can do...

Last edited:

Rick5150

Taken from internet:
Like other creatures, the chupacabra has been variously described. Some witnesses have seen a small half-alien, half-dinosaur tailless vampire with quills running down its back; others have seen a panther like creature with a long snake-like tongue; still others have seen a hopping animal that leaves a trail of sulfuric stench.
In other words, everybody is making up their own version of what it looks like...

Well that Giant fish that was thought to be extinct for Millions of years was found some time back a couple years ago. then oters have been caught since. Somewhere near Indonesia.