Anyone seen this Star Wars card?

Rick5150

I just won one of these on ebay. I found out about it on snopes.com and I think it is hilarious. All I can say is that it will be one of the more unique items in my collection.

c-3p0.jpg

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Anthony Daniels should be very proud of that photo!

LOL. Yes, I have seen this one before. Not online but the real card.
Good addition to your collection!

Anakin was more evil when he made C-3PO than when he became Darth Vader! ;)

Rick5150

Anakin was more evil when he made C-3PO than when he became Darth Vader!

Hahaha. I hadn't even looked at this "innocent" mistake as coming from a child. Maybe young Anakin was okay after all. Yippee!

By the way, I am told that it would not be wise to try to get Mr. Daniels to sign these as he may rip them up. I do not know if that was first-hand experience or hearsay.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
That might be correct. Better not try to get it signed then.

Am I right saying that this card is quite unique? That they have rereleased this card after going through a 'Photoshop' cut?

Rick5150

From Snopes.com:
Intentional or not, the depiction of a well-hung C-3PO was realistic enough that Topps later replaced the card with an air-brushed one featuring a tamer rendering, creating a new version that turned out to be scarcer than the original.

Looks like I bought the wrong card! Poor Threepio. Between him getting airbrushed and Colin Farrell getting his scene cut, what is this world coming to?

Yeah, I saw that card while browsing through snopes.com, also.
A lot of strange stuff there. Weird...

Hilarious trading card, though!

Canyon

Oh my!

Upon closer inspection of that picture, I only just realised what was so funny.

Poor Threepio. That one won't be so easy to disguise. :eek:

Katarn07

Finn said:
Heh. No wonder Han calls him "Goldenrod".

Haha, that was pretty funny. I've never seen that card before, but then again I collect the figures and not the cards.

Rick5150

Haha, that was pretty funny. I've never seen that card before, but then again I collect the figures and not the cards.
I do not collect much Star Wars stuff, but this was too funny to pass up.

I guess Artoo isn't the only one who can "plug in" to the navi-computer.
Wow. You guys are pigs. Thank God - I feel right at home!

matthiassatlure

That's a nice card. The other day, however, I found one that was of darth vader, and on the inside, it says, "I don't know why, but when I think of you my mask always fos up."