All my bags are packed / I'm ready to go...

Luckylighter

...well, not quite THAT ready, I still have one more day of work till I'm on vacation, and I don't leave until Sunday...but my bags are packed.

On August 15, I leave for Albuquerque, New Mexico, on a two day train ride. I have a 7 hour layover in Chicago, and you can be sure I'm checking out the Indy prop exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry. I'll make sure to take plenty of photos there and in ABQ to post here.

So, after Friday I won't be posting here for a week. I'll miss you guys very much.

And Ren, try to be nice to gladhatter while I'm away. ;)

I

Indy_Jones88

Have a great trip. Don't get lost or die or anything like that. ;)

Yes, please do bring back pictures. If your really brave you will bring back the Indy exhibit with you and sell it to us. ;) Just Kiddin.

Anyways. Good luck, have fun, be safe, and all that good stuff.

Talk to ya in a week,
Kris "Indy_Jones88"

Luckylighter

I bought some travel books yesterday about New Mexico. One of the places I'd like to see is the Aztec, NM and the Aztec ruins. They had some pictures in one of the books, and it looked really cool.

If anyone else lives in the area and knows other cool, hidden places that not many people know about, I'm all ears.

I

Indy_Jones88

Luckylighter said:

If anyone else lives in the area and knows other cool, hidden places that not many people know about, I'm all ears.

Pima Air Force Base is somewhere down there. Not quite sure but you might look it up on the internet. They have one of every American plane ever built. They also have other countries planes.

This is also where the government sends planes to be destroyed. It is very cool.

Like I said not quite sure where it is, but you might look into it.

Kate

can't say I've heard of Pima.... we have an air force base right in town, though, and a museum you might be interested in, Lucky- the National Atomic Museum. Guys tend to love that. Also, no visit to ABQ is complete without eating at Garduno's, the best Mexican restaurant in the world- it's legendary.

Luckylighter

Kate said:
can't say I've heard of Pima.... we have an air force base right in town, though, and a museum you might be interested in, Lucky- the National Atomic Museum.

Yeah, my buddy says he lives near that Air Force Base...like within a couple of blocks of it, in fact.

Thanks for the suggestions, so far, they sound really interesting. I can't wait to get out there now.

Indyologist

Luckylighter said:
...well, not quite THAT ready, I still have one more day of work till I'm on vacation, and I don't leave until Sunday...but my bags are packed.

On August 15, I leave for Albuquerque, New Mexico, on a two day train ride. I have a 7 hour layover in Chicago, and you can be sure I'm checking out the Indy prop exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.

Ooh, exotic Albuquerque, NM! Have a great time, "Lucky L!"

Luckylighter

Well, I'm just finishing off my last article for the paper, and I'm getting ready to head home. This will be my last post for a week, as I'm leaving for ABQ on Sunday, so...

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

Goodbye. :)