Pyramids

A

Aussie Jones

Do people here believe that the Pyramids, Stonehenge, and Mayan Temples etc. were built by man? I can't help thinking they were built by little green men.

How could they have been made by man way back then? I don't think we could make them now.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I personally think that humans were quite advanced at one time in history, but about three or four thousand years ago we were set back a bit (think "big flood").

I doubt aliens would build such monolliths, I mean why would they need to? Not to mention, if they can travel millions of lightyears just to reach Earth, don't you think that they would at least sign their work and let us know that they did it? Also, why bother with stone?

A

Aussie Jones

Aliens might have helped man to make them. There must have been anti-gravity back then.

I have to agree with Aaron H on this one, the idea of maritans building the pyramids and what not just doesn't sit well with me....

A

Aussie Jones

007 said:
I have to agree with Aaron H on this one, the idea of maritans building the pyramids and what not just doesn't sit well with me....

Have you actually been to the Pyramids. When I did it made me start wondering.

Rick5150

I doubt aliens would build such monolliths, I mean why would they need to? Not to mention, if they can travel millions of lightyears just to reach Earth, don't you think that they would at least sign their work and let us know that they did it? Also, why bother with stone?

Aliens building pyramids? Maybe not so far-fetched. Why would they? How the hell do I know? But if you were going to build/help build structures that were intended to last thousands of years and they didn't bring much with them in their little space ships, what would you use? Stone, of course.

They didn't sign their work!? Their work itself could be a signature, unique to the alien culture. There are many references to thing that we can't explain in the hieroglyphics of Egypt. Flying men wearing helmets and such. The Sphinx is a little harder to explain. Lion body with a human head. Hmmm. When was beer invented. That was in Egypt too ;)

I am not saying that I believe in it, but I am sure looking at all this with an open mind. Why not?

A

Aussie Jones

Rick5150 said:
Aliens building pyramids? Maybe not so far-fetched. Why would they? How the hell do I know? But if you were going to build/help build structures that were intended to last thousands of years and they didn't bring much with them in their little space ships, what would you use? Stone, of course.

They didn't sign their work!? Their work itself could be a signature, unique to the alien culture. There are many references to thing that we can't explain in the hieroglyphics of Egypt. Flying men wearing helmets and such. The Sphinx is a little harder to explain. Lion body with a human head. Hmmm. When was beer invented. That was in Egypt too ;)

I am not saying that I believe in it, but I am sure looking at all this with an open mind. Why not?

Well said...

Kate

Although they seem archaic to us, the people who lived in the time of the pyramids were the modern people of their day (if that makes any sense), and they were most likely as ambitious as their modern counterparts (us, in 2004). I hope I worded that well.... it makes sense to me, hopefully it will make sense to everyone else, and NO, I am NOT DRUNK! ;) I see no reason why ancient peoples couldn't have built the pyramids.

A

Aussie Jones

Kate said:
Although they seem archaic to us, the people who lived in the time of the pyramids were the modern people of their day (if that makes any sense), and they were most likely as ambitious as their modern counterparts (us, in 2004). I hope I worded that well.... it makes sense to me, hopefully it will make sense to everyone else, and NO, I am NOT DRUNK! ;) I see no reason why ancient peoples couldn't have built the pyramids.

When I visited the pyramids I was awed by the size of them. I can't believe the ancients made huge ramps and pulled or pushed those enormous stones. (impossible)

Historians also know that the Egyptians were not as advacned as the movies show.

Pale Horse

Staff member
The pyramid is not that advanced of a structure. Go out to your nearest sand pile, scoop up an hand full of sand, hold it about 12" above the ground, and let it pour out.

If you wound up with something besides a pyramid, let me know. There may be some odd magnetic field pulling the sand if obscure directions.

The structure doesn't surprise me, the mathematics of their placement is what drives my fascination.

A

Aussie Jones

Pale Horse said:
The pyramid is not that advanced of a structure. Go out to your nearest sand pile, scoop up an hand full of sand, hold it about 12" above the ground, and let it pour out.

If you wound up with something besides a pyramid, let me know. There may be some odd magnetic field pulling the sand if obscure directions.

The structure doesn't surprise me, the mathematics of their placement is what drives my fascination.

The size of a sand pile is a bit different to the pyramids. We couldn't build the pyramids today if we wanted to. The great pyramid is 480 feet high. How do you think they pulled the last stone up the top?

Johan

actually it is an advanced structure...the most stable structure you can build in fact...And I don't think aliens would take the time to build such amazing structures to house dead humans...it makes no sense....I have my own theories on the pyramids which I think make quite a bit of sense...but I won't discuss those. I have done A LOT of research on this subject and came to my own conclusion. If anyone is interested or wants to discuss let me know.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Aussie Jones said:
The size of a sand pile is a bit different to the pyramids. We couldn't build the pyramids today if we wanted to. The great pyramid is 480 feet high. How do you think they pulled the last stone up the top?

There was a fascinating show on the Discovery Channel about how the pyramids were built, and if we could duplicate them today. Much of the work was demonstrated through the process of sand manuvering. I will probably slaughter this here, but it works somewhat like this:

Because sand has the ability to flow, the workers would build large cubical bases of wood, and then fill that cube up with sand (which there was plenty of). Then (slave) men women and children would roll the stones (on logs) over the sand and put each stone in place. Then the cubical box would be opened on the bottom, allowing the sand to flow out the bottom, lowering the massive stones in place. Gravity, in a sense, built the pyramids; at least according to this scientists on this show. It seems very plausable to me.

Johan

I agree with you on how they are made. This is what the majority of my studies show as well.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Stargate anyone?

I saw a thing on PBS a few years back that some believe that the pyramids are actually a star chart, and when used in conjuction with other such great structures reveal the place where the aliens who helped built these structures live. Somehow the crystal skulls also fit into the picture...I don't remember how.

Personally, I think we under estimate our ancestors. They were smarter and more clever than we give them credit for. Who's to say that perhaps we aren't half as smart as they were.

maquino

Profound Truth

I've always liked historian Will Cuppy's comment that the Giza Pyramids have remained standing for 5,000 years because it is not in the nature of a pyramid to tip over.

Michael Aquino

Rick5150

They are cut too precisely and fit too well for this to be "simple" mathematics, logs, sand and leverage. Imagine dropping a stone and finding it didn't line up very well. Now you are up Sh*t's Creek. Maybe there are abandoned pyramids that were not coming out as planned, I don't know.

Factor in the intricate passages and secret tunnels and you are looking at an advanced race. Whether the human race was that intelligent in the past and just turned into idiots as time went by, we cannot answer that.

As far as aliens building pyramids to house dead humans? Do we really know what the original function of these structures is? They may have a far more "functional" purpose that we haven't figured out yet. Because termites get into your house and lay eggs, doesn't mean that is why the house was built. It is possible that the reason the pyramids are used for tombs is due to the fascinating things that the early Egyptians observed taking place at them? The "magical" properties and a structure built by a being more advanced than yourself may equal a magical place - and a magical place may offer everlasting life. Isn't it what we all want in the end?

If anyone believes that our ancient ancestors built these structures, developed the secrets of mummification and the advanced hieroglyphic language depicting the future of mankind rather than the past, you should also consider that mankind must be devolving rather than evolving. If we cannot figure out with any degree of satisfaction how we did things in the past with all the intelligence we supposedly have garnered through the years, how can it be otherwise?

Indy Benson

Then (slave) men women and children would roll the stones (on logs) over the sand and put each stone in place

Actually, I believe they recently came to the conclusion (or speculation) that they weren't really slaves,they were volunteers who gladly helped out. I remember reading that somewhere.