What are you an expert on?

A

Aussie Jones

I'd say that I'm an expert on Beethoven's and Richard Strauss's life and music.

Kate

I'm a good cook, so I guess you could say I'm at expert at that, and on a very random note, I could probably tell you everything you need to know about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tori Amos.

A

Aussie Jones

Attila the Professor said:
I'm not sure I'd claim to be an expert on anything, but I know a little bit about a lot of things.

I'd prefer to know more about a lot of things.

Canyon

Well, I guess you could say that I'm an expert on a certain tall, dark, handsome and brave archaeological adventurer... ;)

I

Indy_Jones88

Well I am an Expert in History, Mainly Military History, Especially WWII History.

I really like Indiana Jones, but by no means am I an expert. (Reason for this is because I don't know exactly how many words were said in each movie or anything like that. Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink, No what I mean FINN!. ;) ) Same way with James Bond.

Finn

Staff member
<small>What? I don't know the answer myself. Just checking if anybody else would have happened to know...</small>

I consider myself knowledgeable on many fields, but by a long shot I'm an expert in nothing. Most likely this opinion comes from the fact every time I start thinking my database about this certain subject is quite well reserved, something very crucial that should be there shows up...

I

Indy_Jones88

Finn said:
<small>What? I don't know the answer myself. Just checking if anybody else would have happened to know...</small>

I'm just messin with ya Finn, Just Kiddin around. But there was a person, I think VP, Who knew exactly how many words were in the first 10 or 20 minutes of Raiders. I don't take the time to count, I just enjoy the movie. :)

Finn

Staff member
I would have made the same VP did if somebody had asked <i>me</i> that... pushed in the disc and counted the words. Only to impress you.

Pale Horse

Staff member
gladhatter said:
I am an expert in personal computer repair. A know nothing about internet and most software programs.

Not to stir up trouble, but without a working knowledge of software, how do you determine the extent of a blue screen error message?

No trouble in calling a man to the table when he says any thing . he can reply he made a mistake , his words cae out wrong or he can try to anwser you.
No easy anser to trying to diagnose a blue screen error in this reply but I almost feel compelled to try but I will instead try to focus on your real question.
How you determine every thing is via diagnosis. Blue screens were primarily caused by OS more than programs . I would like to clarify taht I have a vague at best understanding of many many programs but that did not eliminate me from understanding how a faulty kernel caused a blue screen. I would like to further my statement here to say maybe I am not an expert as it may be defined. many questioned me as to may certifications and I always responded I did not have any but I only took broke computers and returned fixed ones.
Blue screen is mostly a processor read error that can be caused by faulty registers or stacks in sub level codeof any program that interacts with the core kernel or various elements of the OS . there are no easy answers to bluescreen of death but there are some logical paths to get you to a competent diagnosis. Wheather it is in a complex kernel failure and blue screen or just in a seeminly simplier problem. I was faced with several 100 repairs over time and I failed 1 I ran intosame 1 some months later with the lady I mentioned earlier an inet friend. I fixed hers learned it was an explorer core problem in the MS OS upgrade of ie 6 from ie5 and the different methods used for the security settings was not compatible in the upgrade and I then fixed them both. This was tricky problem where cookie handling and they could not enter specific web site like his wives weight watchers site and an NFL site regardless of his credentilas or security seettings. No cache dumping, cookie clearing security lowering or any thing else permited it. An un install of IE6 and a reset to default level security and anoter upgrade fixed them both. While I had to ask Rick the other day about some basic email proposition, and my wife laughs at me regularly for not knoing some really basic function of a program, that has not inhibited me from running a dumb and analying extremly complex programs and finding solutions to some of the most advanced problems in the world. I hold th distinction of having a remote full scale registery editor that windows says is impossble to have. You are welcome to call me out as often as you wish as I say I am a computer expert. Why ? because I have yet to have got one that was broke and return it broke if thye choose to have it fixed. I do not use the good old format.com very often as it is for the amatuers and as I repeat, I am an expert.

Deadlock

Pale Horse said:
If an ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge, than I am the worlds most fantastic lover. ;)

Meaning that from the knowledge perspective... you are morbidly obese??? :D

monkey

I am not really an expert at anything, though I have many talents.

One particular talent I think I have is seeing through fraudulent people.

Now pardon me, I'm off to the barn dance.