Exorcist sequels

I

Indy's_main_man

I don't think it'll be very good.

First of all, the script doesn't seem like it can fit an actual exorcism (but the marketing people will write it in somehow).

we all know how bad the sequel was and the 3rd wasn't too hot either.

Plus they lost the Liam Neeson which I believed would have really improved the flick.

Plus we see the decline of the gore fest genre anyway. The decline was brought on by "the Ring" and "the others" and shyamalan's films.

I'm sure it will make a lot of money but I think it will be dissapointing

your opinions?

Pale Horse

Staff member
As a witness to an actual exorcism, I will watch this film and tell you about the accuracy of it. Not the event I witnessed when I was 13, the movie which is trying to capture what I saw.

maquino

Exorcist III: Legion

I thought that Ex3 was amusing for all of the little "surprises" snapshotted throughout it, many of which had little or nothing to do with the plot. (As the plot made next-to-no sense, even if you were able to sort of follow it, the "surprises" at least gave you something to chuckle at.)

I agree that Ex2 was really ghastly. Richard Burton must have needed a tax write-off that year.

Ex1 was the Star Wars of its day in terms of round-the-block lines to see it, but I didn't think it was all that horrific. The official Washington, D.C. exorcist for the Catholic Church, Father John Nicola, at the National Cathedral, was an acquaintance of mine, and I remember his being quite amused by the mania. Until his phone began to ring off the hook with all the bozos who saw the movie and decided that they too were possessed.

Michael Aquino

I

Indy's_main_man

I'm sure they don't really care if the exorcism sequence looks real or not...after all, the first film (which is a classic), didn't look anything like a real exorcism

Pale Horse

Staff member
While that is true about the first movie, there were certanily elements of the film that were very accurate.

I

Indy's_main_man

we've all seen that before...not scary anymore

as for the exorcist, everything is exaggerated of course.

the traits I see in the film that are common amung real exorcisms are cursing, violent spasms, and voices changing.

Indy Benson

Keep in mind that this new one is not a sequel, but a prequel.

As far as exorcisms go, I've never seen one, so I guess you can call me a doubter. I haver an open mind, but I aslo come from the school of " I need to see it to believe it".

Pale Horse: you actually witnessed an exorcism? And at age 13?

Finn

Staff member
Hey, all you need is a guy who acts oddly, a crazy fool who thinks he's holy, some serious preaching... or a pre-teenager with very vivid imagination. ;)

LASTCRUSADER

I don't know that EX1 can possibly be topped. Its kind of like the SW movies in that way. Its such a classic that no matter how well done, it will never meet the expectations of the fans. Granted Ex2 was complete garbage and the 3rd intsallment wasn't all that great either. I'm hoping they can pull off a respectable horror film here. Hey they reshot practically the entire movie here so it had better be decent. From what I understand the first version of EX4 could be included on the DVD along with the theatrical release that was reshot after the first version was scrapped.

I

Indy's_main_man

no the original is being released on it's own DVD so you pay more if you want both...

I

Indy's_main_man

I've decided to avoid it and see Napoleon dynamite a third time.

have you seen the trailers for "seed of Chucky?". The same thing as EX4. Chld's play was a good movie but the sequels sucked.

Freddy VS jason was big budget but that sucked too...oh...so did Jason X.

so anyway...EX4 might be an okay film but if a movie has exorcist in the title I want it to be kickin

LASTCRUSADER

Indy's_main_man said:
I've decided to avoid it and see Napoleon dynamite a third time.

have you seen the trailers for "seed of Chucky?". The same thing as EX4. Chld's play was a good movie but the sequels sucked.

Freddy VS jason was big budget but that sucked too...oh...so did Jason X.

so anyway...EX4 might be an okay film but if a movie has exorcist in the title I want it to be kickin

No I haven't seen the trailers for "Seed of Chucky" yet. Your right though.The original Child's Play kicked butt. I have seen the sequels and I thought they were ok at best.

As for Freedy vs Jason. I enjoyed it. The thing that bothered me about this one, is that it was turned into more of a action movie then horror. There are rumors of a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash(Evil Dead) which I think could be interesting if its done right. If your interested you can head over to this web-site and read a review of the treatment written for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash. There are a few interesting tidbits in them. Thats if you haven't read about it already.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2371&Template=newsfull

and Robert Englund comments on the project.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2372&Template=newsfull

As for EX4 carring the Exorcist name. I couldn't agree more. This film needs to be kickin to deserve that name.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

Another trilogy, modeled after the recent Halloween trilogy. In that franchise, Laurie Strode has 2 daughters killed in 2 timelines, after dying herself 2 times. Here, Chris MacNeil's daughter Regan is apparently dead. (Possibly from old age, Ellen Burstyn is 90 herself.) This seems to be a trend in movies (Terminator, Indy, etc.), discarding offspring after several installments spent saving them. When does it become cliché?

INDY36

Yeah, I Just saw the advertisement for this horror flic. Oddly enough the advert occurred during a football game. How jarring was that?....very!

My first reaction was.....Hell no!! (pun unintended) I am NOT going to watch this movie EVER! I have enough psychological problems and enough nightmares already thank you.

Who watches and enjoys such films? ....serial killers....sadists... ? ....Who makes such films.........(see previous).

We don't need this stuff, just my opinion. I'm sure there are 'horror' fans who will disagree.

Please do... maybe some interesting conversations.