Another Adventure

Magda

The Raven...

It was morning, and the bar, aside from the presence of Marion and the eighteen-year-old brunette, was as empty as a school closed for the summer. Both women knew better, however. By lunch, the establishment would be filled with rowdy patrons once again. Leena certainly hoped that Ameera would be one of the first ones to barge through the door, for there still was no sign of the Arab woman after Finn carried her literally screaming and kicking down the mountain.

Until then, the American was not leaving the walls of the bar. There was no telling what would happen if she wandered around this mountainous (and treacherous) ice cap by herself.

"Leave that fire alone! Yer gonna set my bar on fire!" Marion scolded when she noticed Leena moving the blazing logs with an iron prod.

Pausing for a moment, Leena shrugged, "Is that a bad thing? This place burned down would be an improvement compared to the way it is now."

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
The Holy Stone House

Carefully peeling around, with his finger on the trigger, Finn stood up and walked to the spot where the hallway cornered rightwards; that section was empty as the slot reserved for good emotions towards him in Ameera's head.

Speaking of whom, he turned around to face the Arab woman who still stood in doorway of the luxury bedroom, her hands braced on her sides as she watched his doings. The look on her face appeared unpleasant, which was odd, since annoyement wasn't usually one of her top feelings when running into the dead.

Then it hit Finn; she wasn't carrying. He had hauled the woman out of the bar with certainly unexpected rush... damn it. No wonder she seemed bitter.

"Come on," he said to the woman. "We must find the Lama."

Magda

"I know what we have to do. There is no need to tell me," the olive-skinned woman murmured as she drew both of her pistols from their holsters. Then, she started off in a jog past Finn, leaving him behind without a word or even caring if he followed her.

Finn

Staff member
Finn watched the woman go down the hallway, turn the T-shaped junction and head down right. Finn secured the left side and took that branch, calling out: "Ahem... the Holy Man's chamber is this way."

Magda

Ameera slowed down and turned towards Finn with a dark stare.

"How do you know that the person or people who killed these monks still are not here?" she asked while arching her infamous skeptical eyebrow. Finn still underestimated her to this day. Some men never learn from a woman's intuition.

She turned back down the empty corridor at a slow pace, her weapons drawn and ready as she eased around the next bend.

Deadlock

Tivoli, Italy: the airfield

"How much can you tell me about Project Jericho?" asked the stranger.

?Not a whole lot?? began Lao.

?Just a damn minute!? Cat interrupted. She turned to the stranger, ?Who the hell are you? And what the hell are we doing here??

A lopsided grin spread across the strangers face, ?Sorry, I?m forgetting my manners. I?m Dr. Indiana Jones.?

?Please to meet you, Dr. Jones. I?m Cat Peters; you already seem to know Jack and Lao??

?Let me take you three back into town, and we?ll talk on the way.?

The trio loaded their gear into Indy?s car and proceeded into the town of Tivoli.

?Now, you were telling me what you knew about the Project?? Dr. Jones began.

Jack said, ?We don?t KNOW much of anything, except for the Germans care a great deal about it and were trying to kill us in Nepal over the whole thing.? Jack nodded at Lao Che, ?Lao here has some ideas, though.?

?I think that this project may have something to do with the horns used by Joshua to destroy the city of Jericho,? Lao said as they pulled up to a hotel.

They proceeded up to Dr. Jones? suite, which was scattered with old parchments, books, and artifacts.

?Pardon the mess,? Indy said pouring drinks for everyone, ?Please continue, Lao.?

?Not much left to tell. From what Jack and I read in the Bible, it sounds like there might be seven of these horns,? Lao finished and looked expectedly at Dr. Jones.

Jones smiled and nodded, ?Sounds like I have the right people for this job.?

?What job??

Indy hung up his battered fedora and jacket and made himself comfortable in an armchair. ?Let me give the whole story??

?You guys are right about the Horns of Joshua. After the Israelites settled in the Promised Land, the Horns were stored with the Ark of the Covenant in the Temple of Solomon. Though the Ark was later taken, the Horns remained there until the Roman Emperor Titus destroyed the second Temple in 70 A.D. The Romans took the horns back to the Emperor among the spoils of war.? Indy rummaged through some papers. ?Here you can see them bringing back the loot from the temple in this picture from Titus? triumphal arch in Rome.?

Sack_of_jerusalem.JPG

?But the Romans had no idea of the Horns? true power. All they knew is that, blown singly, these horns seem to strike fear in the hearts of their enemies.?

Indiana sipped his drink, ?Little did they know that properly placed and blown in unison, the horns were said to call down the power of God to destroy a target, even as large as a city. Now, I?m not a believer in a bunch of superstitious hocus-pocus, but the fact that Hitler is looking for it has the US intelligence people worried.?

?What happened to the horns, after they were taken by the Romans?? interjected Lao.

?Ah. Now that?s where the story gets interesting. Some years later, Emperor Hadrian put down Bar Kokhba's revolt in Israel. He was so enraged by the whole thing, that he made a concerted effort to wipe Judaism out forever. He prohibited the Torah law, the Jewish calendar and executed Judaic scholars. The sacred scroll was ceremoniously burned on the Temple Mount. In an attempt to erase any memory of Judea, he wiped the name off the map and replaced it with Syria Palaestina, as and insulting reminder of the Jews' ancient enemies the Philistines, long extinct by then. To further spite them, he is believed to have sent the horns to the far reaches of the known world, the very borders of the Roman Empire at the time. Hadrian was very much into building elaborate structures and fortresses, so he sent them to his commanders in these remote locations.?

Draining what was left in his cup, Indy continued. ?So that?s where you come in. The Roman Empire during the time of Hadrian was huge, and there are innumerable Roman fortresses and temples along the borders where the horns could have gone. So we need to find out WHERE the horns are and recover them before the Nazis do. The good guys have already found one and the German?s Project has already uncovered one in a Roman fortress near Baghdad, or what used to be Babylon. So that leaves five to go.?

Pulling out a battered leather journal, Indy pointed to some scribbled notes, ?I have reason to believe that one of the horns is here in Tivoli, at Hadrian?s Villa.?

?That site is hardly a secret. Tourists can stroll around the villa,? Lao said looking over the notes.

?True,? conceded Dr. Jones, ?but I believe that there is a secret underground complex known as ?Cryptae Adriana? -- Hadrian?s Crypts or Vaults. You see? Hadrian was almost fanatical about his building projects, overseeing many of them personally. I have found evidence that he had a huge complex of tunnels built beneath the villa and I think that one of the horns is there.?

?So, what do you want US to do??

?I need you three to investigate the villa, find a way into the underground and retrieve the horn, if it?s there. Also, look for clues about the other possible locations of the rest.?

?What are YOU going to be doing?? asked Cat skeptically.

?I?ll be trying to find the next lead. I haven?t investigated the Villa myself because people who may be Nazi agents are following me too closely. I?m hoping that if I leave, that?ll convince them that my research came up with nothing and that I?m moving on.? Dr. Indiana Jones sized up the three adventurers: an awkard academic, a brash smuggler, and a tomboy pilot. ?So you think you can handle this??

Finn

Staff member
"That is why you will stick two steps after me and watch the direction I'm not facing," Finn replied, knowing that to Ameera, there was no worse turn-down than getting outwitted. Another reason for her to hate him. "If I'm headed to one end of the building, and you start blasting away in the other and in the case you'd be requesting backup..."

Finn left the end of the sentence open, knowing that he had made his point. Despite the fact Ameera would certainly tell him she was able to take care of herself.

LaoChe

Lao enjoyed the architecture of the villa. Classical, echoing of days long past.

Jack frowned. The villa was filled with pedestrians and visitors. This wasn't going to be easy.

Cat scanned the crowds, trying to spot anyone who looked a little too German.

"Where do we start?" asked Jack.

But Lao was already analyzing. If Emperor Hadrian was trying to wipe out Judaism completely, then they would have had to flee, or hide. Hide.

Most of these buildings are thousands of years old. They would have had to hide somewhere.

The trio approached the ancient cathedral in the town square.

Hermetic orders... thought Lao. "Let's check out that church." said Lao.

"You got something?" asked Jack.

"Maybe..."

Inside the church, Lao read the ceiling, walls then traced the floor.

"What are we looking for Lao?" asked Jack.

"Any instance of a six pointed star," said Lao, "The star of David."

Cat and Jack spread out, scanning for any six pointed stars.

"Some believe that the star of David is a new symbol in Judaism, but it isn't. Some churches were actually fronts for what were considered Hermetic orders. They used the symbol of the star of David in the architecture of the church, keeping the meaning of it secret. It was used by ancient Alchemists in their cryptic formulas and it became known as an occult symbol. It's source was lost and only recently became known by the public as the shape of Davids shield."
Lao hesitated, eyeying something carefully.
"If the entrance to `Cryptae Adriana` is hidden here, the map to howw to get there is literally etched into the walls of this church!"

"Hold on," stopped Jack. "Look!" he was pointing up the long side of the cathedral wall. The decorative interior gingerbreading formed a six pointed star branching out from off center of the wall.

Even staring right at it, it was hard to make out the star -- but it was there, plain as day.

"I don't know what to do", Jack stated. "I'm making this up as I go."

"Follow the branches." said Cat.

Jack and Lao turned and looked at her.

"That's what I'd do..."

LaoChe

NOTE: The cathedral described above is false. It is actually a Mausoleum called Castel Sant'Angelo. Please make a mental note of this change.

thx!

Zharah

At the Raven...

Zharah crashes through the door, flinging it wide open. Her slender body rolls over to the bar as she stands up casually and leans against it, like nothing happened.

"What was that about?" Marion asked, lifting an eyebrow in Zharah's direction.

"I dunno... felt like crashing. Got a problem?" Zharah shot back, pointing at the bottle of vodka on the shelf.

"Okaaaaaaaaaaay..." Marion mumbled as she grabbed the bottle and poured Zharah a glass.

Last edited:

Magda

A snort of laughter came from last stool at the long bar counter. It was evening, and as usual, Leena (sitting at the stool that had become her regular seat) was half-drunk and almost through with a glass of the local brew.

"My head has felt like that on more than one occasion," she randomly mumbled with a crooked smile plastered on her face while she gazed on the scattered debris.

Last edited:

Zharah

Zharah looked over with a smirk.

"I bet it has with your drinking style." Zharah replied with a smile, picking up her glass and taking a gulp from it.

Magda

When Zharah placed the now empty glass back in Leena's hand, the eighteen-year-old American furrowed her eyebrows and slid it towards Marion for a re-fill.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Leena snickered.

"Yeah, just wait 'til you see 'er runnin' outside with 'er hand thrown over her mouth," the bar's owner added and filled the girl's glass to the brim.

Last edited:

Raffey

Jalen enters the bar after being away for nearly a week of Fight Clubbin' Nazis.

"Been here for a week and I already hate this place." Jalen muttered to himself. But after slugfisting his way to an undefeated record, he was bruised, battered and a bit tired.

"Rum..." Jalen orders from the bar and looks around wondering if anyone was around.

Zharah

Zharah grinned devilishly before she slid her glass towards Marion.

"You're on, missy." Zharah smiled evilly.

Magda

Leena's green eyes widened a bit, nervously. She was not actually expected for this woman to take her seriously. However, thinking for a moment, the girl nodded with a wily grin and took her glass.

"Prepare to lose!"

Raffey

Jalen smiled as he gulped down his rum. He hadn't seen a drinking contest between two females since his days in Oxford.

Marion looked bored as she poured Jalen another round. "I could drink them under the table."

Jalen grinned. "From what I hear, you could drink all of Ireland under the table."

Zharah

A half hour later...

Zharah triumphantly slams her glass down after her tenth or so shot, not knowing how many she has taken.

"How are you feeling Leena?" Zharah smiles, her cheeks flushed and her gaze slightly unsteady.

Magda

Leena's once sober eyes were now completely glazed over as she swayed gently from side to side, grabbing onto the edges of her seat to keep her balance. I really shouldn't'a done that... she thought as her insides began to turn upside down.

"I think I feel... sick," she blinked and tried to steady her gaze. She was seeing two of everything - though two of Jalen was not that bad.

Last edited:

Zharah

Zharah chuckles to herself as she helps Leena out of her chair and carries her outside.

"You'll be fine out here... here's my jacket." Zharah said quietly while wrapping her jacket over Leena's figure.

Zharah walked back in the bar and sat down again, gazing at all of her empty glasses.

"I need to quit drinking." Zharah smiled to herself as she pushes all the glass towards Marion.