Amending a past statement

HovitosKing

I'm not going to come here and boast about W's re-election, because I can draw the line between genuine enthusiasm and annoying behavior.

I would, however, like to publicly state that my faith in my country has been reaffirmed with these election results. I am also very proud that the voters were intelligent enough not to be confused or swayed by the entertainment and music industries, as well as the liberal media, and other interest groups that would have Americans cast an uninformed vote based on hate and disillusionment.

Way to go, W. Not only the electoral college, but the majority of the public vote as well. Nice job.

Indyologist

Yes, I'm also very pleased with the results of the election thus far. I voted for Bush, putting me in the <u>extreme</u> minority here in New York state, which I knew from the beginning would be "Kerry Kountry." Frankly, I'm concerned and appalled at the level of hatred I've seen towards George Bush. The way some people act, you'd think Bush was Hitler incarnate. I'm sorry about this whole war deal. I don't know whether to think it was appropriate or not. All I know is that after 9/11, something had to be done and I think Mr. Bush handled it beautifully. He was tactful, gracious and compassionate during the most horrifying crisis this country has ever seen. He didn't stay huddled up in his bunker in the White House. He was out there, visiting people, comforting people and making human contact with people who were suffering.

I guess I'd better keep my mouth shut today because I know a lot of sore losers out there (and in here) are going to criticize me and I'm not good at defending myself. At least not in person, anyway. So overall, Hovitos King, I'm very pleased with the present results too. I think Bush needs the chance to finish what he started and then get things in order. And remember, people, no matter whether you agree with Bush or not, you MUST support him because in supporting the president, you're supporting your country. You don't have to agree-- just support. M'kay?

I just heard a lawyer make a comment about how the "Religious Right" is taking over and soon we'll be singing hymns. I think people just don't like the idea that Christians have a voice and are voting. God forbid (hee hee) that we should have rights! Just a side comment.

Okay, now I'm done.

Last edited:

LASTCRUSADER

Lets just keep in mind that its not an official Bush win just yet. While it is likely that he has won. There are still votes in Ohio to be counted.

Deadlock

Yeah, they're still counting here in Iowa too.

99 percent of precincts are reporting. Take a look at the numbers, just before eight this morning George W. Bush has 741,325 votes, while John Kerry is credited with 725,700. That's a difference of 15625 votes.

Pretty narrow margin!

Original Raider

You know what the sad thing is? Nobody won the election. The margin was so small, and the campaigns were so bitter, that all this election revealed was how deeply divided our society is.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Last I looked the "narrow margin" was nearly 4 million votes.
Not to mention Ohio is Bush's, Iowa is going to go Bush, and New Mexico is going to go Bush.

Also, the last time a President won more than 50% of the popular vote was Regan...on a much smaller voting population. Therefore, one could argue that Bush's victory (yes, it is a victory) is perhaps the biggest Presidental victory in American history.
Talk to any civics or history professor about that one.

Zharah

Even though I voted Kerry, I wanted to say congrats to the Bush supporters. Bush did an excellent campaign this year and held together strong.

All in all, go America! :D

LASTCRUSADER

Well it was an intersting election thats for sure. I found myself glued to the television last night untill well after midnight. As much as I hate to say it......America has spoken....Even if I don't agree.... I have to say it was a well fought battle.

Raffey

I voted for Bush. I believe that the re-emergence of Bin Laden only strenghtened the position for Bush's bid for the Presidency because Bush has stated time and time again that he is willing to forge ahead with his war on terrorism.

Kerry, quite frankly seemed weak. If he showed a bit more backbone about the war in Iraq, he would've landslid this election.

I REALLY liked Kerry's suggested plans regarding the US economy and what he would do for the people in OUR country. I really hope that Bush takes into consideration some of what Kerry has proposed.

I mean there are over 55 million Americans who liked Kerry's ideas regarding our country. Too bad he can't be Vice President.

I know the economical impact of a Bush win is already causing some crap situations. Gas Prices are back on the rise as a result of Bush's lead.

Last edited:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I look forward to seeing what Bush is going to do and how he will fullfil his goals. I just hope he has learned from his mistakes.

HovitosKing

I'm willing to bet that over half the country doesn't agree with you that he made any "mistakes" in the first place. I am one of them. If he had his first term to do over again, I wouldn't ask him to change a thing.

George W Bush has been, and always will be, a personal hero of mine not only because of his conviction and courage, but because he isn't afraid to infuriate the vocal minority in his efforts to defend America's interests both at home and abroad.

By the way, I'm happy to see that I'm getting more support now that the results are in.

Zharah

I'm just saying that as every human does, he makes mistakes. Minor ones, big ones... it doesn't matter. I just hope he takes his time on the war on terror and carefully plans things through. After all, he has four more years to solve this. :)

And King, I totally respect your views. As an unbiased person, I respect that you view him as your personal hero. Bush did handle these last four years quite well on the homefront.

HovitosKing

Oh, sure. I thought you were talking about the alleged "colossal" mistakes. Hey, I really wasn't going to share this, but since at least a couple of fellow Raveners are somewhat in the Bush corner, I will.

This past Sunday, Oct. 31 (yes, Halloween), Bush came to Cincinnati for one of his final rallies of the campaign. He was at the Great American Ballpark downtown, where the Cincinnati Reds play.

I was lucky enough to get hold of some "red zone" tickets, which meant I had access to the field, not just the stadium seats. Long story short, after standing in line for 3 hours and standing in place for 5 more, I was on the very front row right in front of the podium (literally 10 feet away) for the whole rally, including the President's speech. It was absolutely great.

After he wrapped up the speech, Bush shook hands and spoke briefly with all those on the front row, so I got to shake his hand, speak with him for a few seconds, and pat him on the back before he moved on to speak with my wife. I can't describe the electricity there, but it was amazing to see more than 50,000 republicans screaming for "four more years." It was worth missing out on all that trick-or-treat candy!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
HovitosKing said:
I'm willing to bet that over half the country doesn't agree with you that he made any "mistakes" in the first place. I am one of them. If he had his first term to do over again, I wouldn't ask him to change a thing.

That's what scares me. I have a hard time understanding how people can think that Iraq is anyway neer from sucess. Americans are scared and Bush's radical actions offer a perfect illusion of security. Many people have a hard time understanding that it's not because it's called 'war on terror' that it actually does anything to irradicate terrorism (Iraq is tha perfect illustration of my point).

HovitosKing

Think what you want, move where you want, I don't care. America has her president back for four more years, and my days of arguing politics on this board are over. I'm in celebration mode only.

Indydan13

One question I have is are you pro-republican, Pro-Bush, or anti-Kerry?

I have done some research and all I have else to say is...

Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!Nader for '08!

HovitosKing

I'm a Republican by nature of their position on the issues that matter to me, pro-Bush for more reasons than I have time to go into, but not anti-Kerry. I think John Kerry is a somewhat average senator, a great politician, but would make an ineffective president. Again, though, my days of arguing politics on this board are over (I'm sure this will come as a relief to most).

Zharah

All I'm going to say is that I'm proud of Americans for actually taking time out of their lives to go vote. This has been the greatest voter turnout since the 1960's. I say we all did a good job in voting, no matter who we voted for. Both canadates did well in their campaigns, convinced many and made their point. So, to wrap up my political views for another four years, I shall end with this statement: Peace.

:D :D :D