Post Your Pwecious Pets Pics!

Indyologist

In this thread, let's post pictures of our pets! Tell us:

1.) your pet's name and/or nickname(s) 2.) Their age, 3.) what breed they are if they are a cat or dog 4.) How you got him/her and 5.) What are their favorite toys, activites and treats!

westford

Here's my pup...

Trixie.jpg

Name: Trixie
Breed: Collie-Whippet-mutt-thing

We got her from a dog rescue centre when she was a couple of months old.

Her favourite things are walkies, biscuits, chasing pinecones (not sticks - she's fussy), biscuits, sleeping, and biscuits. Did I say she likes biscuits? ;) She used to love her cuddly elephant ('Heffalump'), but these days she's a grumpy old lady who doesn't play with toys.

Indyologist

This is Minnie, my furry significant other:
MINNIECROP2.jpg

This is how she looks after getting her hair cut:
minnieflowers2.bmp

Here she is sunbathing on her blanket on my patio. She's looking at me like she's saying: "Hey! Don't take my picture, mom!"
page3gabrielhospitalreport006.bmp

Here's another one of her sunbathing in her favorite spot: on mommy's lounge chair, right at her feet!
page3gabrielhospitalreport007.bmp

And finally, here's me in my Indy gear with me holding Minnie and with my mom's dog, Cambrian the Welsh terrier. He looks like he's being cheeky, doesn't he? Cambrian is a total gentleman towards Minnie and we like to say that he's Minnie's "Uncle Cambrian!"
page3gabrielhospitalreport003.bmp

Nicknames: Min-Min, Minski, Doggie Girlfriend, Puppy (and others too embarrassingly childish to mention)...

Breed: Miniature Poodle

Favorite toys: Her puppy ball (ball looks like a stuffed dog head), her nylabone and a small fleecy bone.
Her favorite activities: Walkies (of course!), tug of war, running from one end of the apartment to the other like a raging maniac, going to bed (even when I'm not in it yet!).

How I got her: I got her from my landlords who originally got her from the SPCA in my area. She was one of 90 dogs and assorted other animals that were taken from a puppymill in Angola, NY. The SPCA "busted" the puppy mill in July of 2003.

Here's a link to the ASPCA site about the puppy mill she came from. They rescued Minnie and her mother, Tyra, from the mill.

http://www.spcaec.com/puppy_mill/puppy_mill.php3

<b>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spread the word about how awful puppy mills are. Adopt your next dog from a respected breeder, or, better yet, go to your local animal shelter. DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!! To learn more about puppy mills, see these links:</b>

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/puppymil.html
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/ - be sure to watch the 2 minute video on the front page of this site.
http://www.puppymillrescue.com/

Last edited:

Jordana

Minnie is absolutely adorable :) So is her uncie Cambrian.

You're dead right about the puppy mills as well.....there are far too many people breeding for various reasons while animals shelters are full of creatures looking for a home :( Good on you for helping to raise awareness.

Here is a picture of my mum and dad's dog Josh chilling out in the garden :)

Josh2.jpg

He's a nine year old English Setter who was surplus at a breeding kennel, and we got him through English Setter rescue. Unlike his friend Ben, he's rather dopey and vacant, but an amiable fellow as well.

And these are two of my mice, Laurel (top) and Keiko.

Laurel4.jpg

Keiko6.jpg

Laurel is now an old lady at almost 2 years, her colour is known as "Chinchilla" for obvious reasons, and she's also a Satin coat. Keiko is about nine months old and is a blue point Siamese (also Satin) They both come from a local show breeder who isn't too picky about where his sub show standard mice end up, so by taking them I've probably saved them from being snake food.

Webley

Indyologist said:
Breed: Miniature Poodle
Hay Indyologist thats a good looking dog you got there. My wife came home with a miniature poodle not to long a go and I got to say at first I thought that cant be a dog its to small Im the kind of guy that likes big old smelly hound dogs but it dident take long for that little pup to start running with the big dogs and for me to become a fan of miniature poodles

Finn

Staff member
westford said:
A.k.a "Somany". (The answer my uncle gave when asked the breed of his now-gone mix-breed mutt.)

Yure

Too bad this thread hasn't picked up. Time to do some revivals! Introducing Wiki! English Setter, abandoned and adopted by yours truly when she was 5 month old. Now a 6 years old couch queen and great sidekick. Here she is resting like she was on a plane.

westford

Here's my pup...

Trixie.jpg

Name: Trixie

We got her from a dog rescue centre when she was a couple of months old.

Her favourite things are walkies, biscuits, chasing pinecones (not sticks - she's fussy), biscuits, sleeping, and biscuits. Did I say she likes biscuits? ;) She used to love her cuddly elephant ('Heffalump'), but these days she's a grumpy old lady who doesn't play with toys.
Aww, good old Trixie! She passed away at the age of 16. Here’s the photo I probably posted years ago.

0-DDD67-FB-E575-4-DCD-8-C3-A-C0689383080-D.jpg

Now I have Cookie, a Labrador-Cavalier King Charles Spaniel-mutt-thing who is 9 years old. Another rescue, we got her when she was under a year old. She loves chasing squirrels and tennis balls.

5-E8487-B4-E7-C9-4231-A436-CD9276-F5-ABCF.jpg