RotLA trivia question (not a game, just a quetsion that will be considered "trivia")

theinfiniteweird

RotLA trivia question (not a game, just a quetsion that will be considered "trivia")

This has probably been brought up before, but it is new to me. The German on the airplane is reading a copy of life magazine. Life magazine's first issue was 11-23-36, but the college campus they show a few scenes earlier did not look like it was experiencing Fall weather. Someone please set my mind at ease and tell me I am wrong. I don't want to think that a copy of Life magazine was merely placed in this movie for nostalgic value. The Universe is starting to tear itself apart here, I fear.

This is a question from someone over at IMDb. I told the user I'd ask over here and report back. ANyone know the answer?

intergamer

Maybe the college campus scene took place in very early fall, when it was still summer weather; and the plane scene took place later in December...

Or maybe it was just overlooked. Anybody know exactly when in 1936 the events of rotla are supposed to take place?

Stoo

There is melting snow on the sidewalk outside Indy's house
which would indicate spring or late fall/autumn. Outside the
movies (books/comics), the events point to late fall.

In reality, it's just a prop in a movie... ;)
(with Dennis Muren playing Toht)!

theinfiniteweird

actually, this guy is not even supposed to be toht...

I've always wondered about that. It looks like Toht, kind of. Glasses are a little different, looks a little different, but could be toht. Who knows. I'm of the same opinion of Jay R. Zay, but still, it's weird.

indyjones444

That guy I think is suppossed to be Toht, but it's a different actor. Also, that issue has photos of paintings by Hitler (I think) and could provide a reason for the Nazi reading Life. I found that info at www.theindyexperience.com I'm pretty sure. I can't remember a lot today. :whip: