Has Spielberg lost the plot?

Lukmas

All of the Movies Speilburg makes based on books or radio are never that good.

ET and Indy were new ideas!

Regards
Luke

KDuncan

ET was horrible...

Heh, here's something my grandma said once, "[in reference to ET] he's so ugly he's beautiful"...

Thank goodness I only had to watch it once.

"How was it flawed?"

Think about the most famouse scene from the movie... ET and Elliot on the bike, flying across the moon... If ET can fly, why didn't he just FLY himself up after the ship that left him behind at the beginning and save us having to sit through two hours of bullflop?!?!?!

LASTCRUSADER

I have to agree. Spielberg has really not impressed me lately. I made the mistake of going to see War of the Worlds this weekend and was totally disapointed. The ending was what really ticked me off though. It felt very rushed and the entire story in the movie was lacking as a whole.

theinfiniteweird

That was a joke, Clint.

. . . . .

I thought War of the Worlds was great. You can't look at it from a movie standpoint. Otherwise, yeah, the storyline was little lacking. The book simply described the situation as it was happening, no real storyline either. Plot- if there were aliens, what events might go on? I think Steven did a great job sticking to the book.

Anyone who's read the book, please correct me if I'm worng. I'm going to feel really dumb if I'm wrong, since I haven't read the book.

"War of the Worlds"

Well, I finally saw it, and man oh man, it was a steaming pile of stuff from start to finish.... I could see where it COULD have been a good movie, had there been anyone else at the helm, but Spewburg, as a rule, is a lousy director.....

Thankfully, Indy succeeded in spite of him....

Last edited by a moderator:

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
"War of the Worlds"

Well, I finally saw it, and man oh man, it was a steaming pile of skite from start to finish.... I could see where it COULD have been a good movie, had there been anyone else at the helm, but Spewburg, as a rule, is a lousy director.....

Thankfully, Indy succeeded in spite of him....

Yeah, he will go down in hisotry as a god awful director . . .I know he is crying his eyes out every night . . .

Por Steve I only go see his movies to put food in his kids mouths . . .

Whatever dude, get a life

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, there is a reason why he runs Amblin, founded Dreamworks and crowds of people gathering at the box office to see his movies. A bad director can't do that. He's one of my favourites. I'm not the biggest fan of War of the Worlds, but Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List, were different Speilberg films from previous, but they were still impressive.

"Saving Private Ryan & Schindler's List...both horrible movies"
Ya... they were... over long.... over sentimental.... sappy.... yawn-o-ramma

"Jaws" was just "The Duel" remade, only this time on water....

"Close Encounters".... Was kinda like watching paint dry....

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
"Saving Private Ryan & Schindler's List...both horrible movies"
Ya... they were... over long.... over sentimental.... sappy.... yawn-o-ramma

"Jaws" was just "The Duel" remade, only this time on water....

"Close Encounters".... Was kinda like watching paint dry....

I guess the popularty of home brewed mead, chain mallee and you string of gold records really shows you have the thumb on popular culture . . .

Remember Mozart was popular muisc in his time . . .

roundshort

temple of john said:
Ch just loves to play devils advocate. He couldn't actually think that Spielberg is a horrible director. If he does, well, I wouldn't know what to say to him and really, why say anything at all? It's such a ridiculous statement to make.

Totally dude, must be hard to have that much negatvity stored in you walking around all the time.

"your in the minority here"
So.... It's not like being in the majority is something special....

I like what I like... I dislike what I dislike.... Why it irks you is beyond me.....

Are you maybe jealous? Meeting someone who thinks for himself and isn't swayed by popular opinion?

"He couldn't actually think that Spielberg is a horrible director"
Oh yes I can....

Jay R. Zay

it's the road he is on. turning back or even ask somebody for the way would be uncool. this wouldn't look grown up. real men keep on their course til the livin end, even if it turns out to be a stupid way. after all this demonstration of c00lness and 3vilness, he won't stop until he actually gets suspended one day. getting along with people is for girls.

Keep it clean-er, Jay. - Aaron H

Last edited by a moderator: