New Indy action figures!?! Please!

Mikeywan

Hello hello hello, is there anybody out there?.........
As you all know next year marks the 25th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and I am wondering what on earth has prevented Hasbro or anyone else to produce some sort of Indiana Jones line of figures other than the "cartoony"Disney figures??? Well, that's where I need your help and anyone out there who agrees with me... I would like to know how or where to start a "petition" to produce a limited run of figures that Kenner produced in 1981 for Raiders. Now this is just my idea but here is what I was thinking,... these figures would be all New sculpts with super articulation and some pretty Boss accessories! Such as removal hats, Indy's bag, etc. etc.... they would also be put on reproductions of the original card backings (just like the Super Fantastic votc Star Wars line that rocked). I know I'm talking like this is really going to happen, but seriously I think this is something everyone could agree with me on, and I can name quite a few people who would definitely love this to become reality! Anyway, any help would be appreciated... just guide me in the right direction. If anyone out there agrees with me, please join my cause...
sincerely,
Mikey Karam
Parma, Ohio

I don't think there would be a huge market for the figures. I for one would like some more, but look at the Disney figures, as of a few months ago you could still get them even though they haven't made them in awhile. I also remember when I was a kid in the early 80s still being able to pick up 2-3 of the original figures at the toy store. I just hope they have some nice figures for the next movie, and I hope I can get my hands on them before they all get sold out.

indifan101

Disney charges too much for those 12 inch figures! Thats why I made my own Indy figure by using loose accessories! Although I did purchase the 5 inch Indy action figure from Disney World.

Another Ohioan? ROCK ON MIKEYWAN!:D

TombReader

I'm actually surprised that they have not already done this.If you go to most toy stores/toy depts. here in the US,you'll see a lot of older 80's toy lines are still in production and still popular.I think the line could do well(even if it was just a limited run).

indifan101

TombReader said:
I'm actually surprised that they have not already done this.If you go to most toy stores/toy depts. here in the US,you'll see a lot of older 80's toy lines are still in production and still popular.I think the line could do well(even if it was just a limited run).

I believe that there was word that McFarlane toys was going to put an Indy figure for the Movie Maniacs series 10 set. I don't know if this is for real, I just heard it off of the McFarlane toys site. I hope they do, McFarlane toys look so realistic! I have the NHL sports pix figures. They look so realistic and awsomely detailed!

indyt

I have not heard of any figures coming out for the anniversary or the new movie. But I would love to get some and would be the first in line to buy them. Has there been any news of any anniversary activities at all?

Lon

Edward The Head said:
I don't think there would be a huge market for the figures. I for one would like some more, but look at the Disney figures, as of a few months ago you could still get them even though they haven't made them in awhile. I also remember when I was a kid in the early 80s still being able to pick up 2-3 of the original figures at the toy store. I just hope they have some nice figures for the next movie, and I hope I can get my hands on them before they all get sold out.

Keep in mind the Disney figures are only available at the theme parks and not online or by phone order. I'm sure if a toy line was released for mass distribution it would be more successful.

Mikeywan

thank you for agreeing with me lon! If only we could get a petition started and send it to Hasbro...... this could be a day long remembered.
"Indiana,... we are simply passing through history! This... this is history.":rolleyes:

Zombie F-Body

I'd love for Hasbro to get their hands on the property. I heard the license was in limbo per orders from Lucasfilm till a decision can be made on Indy 4. Hasbro has been doing a decent job with the Star Wars line so I think they could it do it justice.

I just started to collect the old Kenner stuff again (thank goodness for eBay). I had a few as a kid but those are all gone now so time to start over. In fact I just got a complete Cairo Swordsman today.

San Holo

Zombie F-Body said:
I'd love for Hasbro to get their hands on the property. I heard the license was in limbo per orders from Lucasfilm till a decision can be made on Indy 4. Hasbro has been doing a decent job with the Star Wars line so I think they could it do it justice.

Yeah, you can bet your sweet Zombie arse that Hasbro will start up the machine when Indy 4 draws near. I hope they do an Indy Unleashed.;)

San Holo

temple of john said:
I'm only wondering if they would release a whole new line of Indy toys because of several factors. I'm not sure HF has the appeal of an action figure that he once had. I would however love to see Mcfarland do some sort of Indiana Jones figure similair to the ones they did for "The Crow", "Scarface", etc.
Hasbro started the new line of Star Wars figures to prepare the market for Episode 1, so I don't know why they wouldn't do the same for the Indy franchise. Granted, it won't be as big, but 'ol Uncle Georgie aint missing out on them greenbacks. McFarland has done some cool work, but some of his Elvis sculpts are fricking terrible.

indifan101

temple of john said:
If you have seen the "Crow" or some others, they are fantastic!!! I wouldn't think that Indiana Jones would be that hard to pull of. I would love to see it though. It would immediately maintain a place of honor in my home. :whip:

You shouls see his military, movie maniacs and sports picks! They're awsome looking!:D Exspecialy his NHL ones! I own all of them!

San Holo

temple of john said:
If you have seen the "Crow" or some others, they are fantastic!!! I wouldn't think that Indiana Jones would be that hard to pull of. I would love to see it though. It would immediately maintain a place of honor in my home. :whip:
I'm not saying that McFarland's work is not kick@ss- I saw a 3 foot tall version of the "Crow"and it completely looked like Brandon Lee. It was 50% off at the mall but my fiance said it was "creepy" and wouldn't let me buy it.:( . But the 50's rockabilly Elvis was garbage. It looked like K.D. Lang or something.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I would have thought that there would be Indy figurines and stuff marking the 25th in the US. Just goes to show huh? In Australia it's a constant struggle to get Indy stuff. I was lucky just to get the novels, comics, Raiders poster, videos and dvd box set. Sounds like I'm the only Aussie Indy fan. Lucasfilm needs better merchandising especially down south.

San Holo

Have any of you seen the Disney, 10 inch, Indy statue? Does it look like Indy or just some generic scruffy lookin' dude?

Vlad Dracula

San Holo said:
Have any of you seen the Disney, 10 inch, Indy statue? Does it look like Indy or just some generic scruffy lookin' dude?

The 10 inch vinyl statue or the 12 inch GI JOE?

The statue has a decent Ford likeness. The Indy/GI JOE uses a standard GI JOE head mold that looks nothing like Ford.